Diez: Two Couples, Two Dates, One Romantic Night

5:43 PM

"Where are they?" April and Papyrus followed the directions exactly, but where were May and Mettaton? April pulled out her phone and called them. "Hello?" "May, donde estás? Where are you guys? We are waiting for you!" "Oh, sorry. Looks like we got the location wrong. We're on the opposite side of town! Going to you guys would take too long, so we're gonna stay here. In the meantime, spend some quality time with Papyrus! You two need it!" May hung up. April bent her eyebrows and pouted. "Que Onda?" Papyrus asked her. "This whole thing was a setup! They went somewhere else on purpose! Typical May! Always messing with me! All because I was concerned that she was getting too attached to a metal box! She thinks physical contact is an essential part of bonds! How does someone touching you make you like them more?!" "DON'T LET MAY GET TO YOU. WE CAN STILL HAVE A GOOD TIME, EVEN A BETTER TIME WITHOUT THEM." Papyrus smiled at April as he reached for a basket behind him."Is that what I think it is?" April asked with interest trying to get a peek inside the basket. "A PICNIC FOR YOU." Papyrus smiled at April. April felt her anger towards May melt away at that moment. "You're right, let's have a good time." April smiled back at Papyrus, who handed her a bowl of mac n cheese, with cut up hot dogs and bacon bits. Yum! She took a bite and let her head fall onto Pap's shoulder. Wow. She was expecting it to irritate her, but it was so weirdly comfortable. She was pulled closer into his arms and she loved it-wait! "I'm such a hypocrite," she thought. But this was really nice! No wonder May always wanted to cuddle with Mettaton!

5:47 PM

May and Mettaton had driven to a mountain top just outside of town (There were so many wonders on the town's borders) and were having a picnic there. May looked so pretty in the outfit she had chosen: an iridescent cool colored tank top, her pink angel wings from the Valentine's Day dance, sea foam green capris, and her black platform wedges with white pearls from a previous date night. A cute little fairy. Mettaton hoisted her up onto his shoulders so she could fly! She enjoyed it at first but had to be put back down due to fear of falling, even though she knew Mettaton wouldn't let her. The second they sat down, she dog piled him. She loved him, but certainly not the breeze. Mettaton sat up and took off his jacket, handing it to May. She didn't hesitate to take off her wings and put on the coat. Adorable! Now, to set up the food. May smiled at the sight of all her favorite treats! Breakfast, dessert, more dessert, more dessert! Where to start? Where to start? Wait, would she even be able to eat all this? The rumble from her stomach sounded like a yes. She took a bite. Mettaton swore he could see her eyes sparkle.

10:26 PM

April and Papyrus were on a walk around the field. It was beautiful at night. And huge. It took them at least an hour to complete the trail all the way back to their spot, but it felt like 3 minutes, maybe 4. So many young trees and Papyrus just kept giving April Spanish compliments along the way. Who knew he was so good at being seductive? April looked at the trail with wonder often stopping to look at the types of plants this field had to offer. Papyrus couldn't help but simply watch April at work, mumbling to herself the names of the plants she was looking at and using her powers to heal plants that may be dying. By the time they were done with their walk, the field looked better than when they arrived. Wow! It was just too beautiful! Papyrus had to stop himself from crying! April was proud of her beautiful, very exhausting work.

10:29 PM

May and Mettaton decided to hang out in the car. Time to cross that off the bucket list. It had been spent doing karaoke and having tickle fights. May yawned, trying so hard not to fall asleep. Mettaton handed her a neck pillow and a blanket, petting her head, kissing her cheek. She slept peacefully the whole ride home.

10:38 PM

Mettaton walked through the door with a sleeping May in his arms. He turned to close the front door and saw a red mustang pull up. Papyrus came out of the driver's side door and went around to open the passenger's side door. However, instead of April coming out, Papyrus leaned down and picked a sleeping April up from the passenger seat. Mettaton and Papyrus both met at the door. Both May and April let out a little snore. "Aww." Mettaton and Papyrus said. They both chuckled. "Long day for these girls," Mettaton whispered, looking down at May's sleeping face. Papyrus just simply nodded (he had never been good at whispering) and both Mettaton and Papyrus brought the girls up to their rooms to let them get some rest.