Cincuenta y Dos: Buenas Noches

July 25th, 1:03 AM

April walked down the stairs and turned to enter the kitchen, but something made her step back a few paces. What was on the couch? Was that...Papyrus? Did he...fall asleep here by accident? Whatever the case, April threw a blanket on top of him and took his scarf, climbing onto the back of the couch, laying out the scarf as a tiny blanket for herself. She had to be careful, any movement could result in her falling. She let an arm hang over the tall skeleton, her hand on his shoulder for reassurance. "I'm okay," she told herself. "I'm safe," right?

1:29 AM

Papyrus woke up to find, he wasn't in his race car bed! He wasn't even home! He was on the couch at the condo! He sat up and found a hand on his shoulder. Looking to his side, he could see April on the back of the couch, her eyes scrunched up tight, about to roll onto the floor. He took back his scarf and redirected her to tumble the other way, into his arms, but she was trying to wrestle herself free. "Unhand me you savage fiend!" Papyrus took little offense, knowing April was still asleep. He placed her hands on his shoulders and shook her a bit, only to receive a straight up punch in the face before April snapped her eyes open. Seeing Papyrus with a hand on his face, she felt awful. "I'm so sorry...I thought you were my captor," she looked down to the floor in shame. "No, it's okay, I've had my fair share of accidental blows from intervening with nightmares...I'm used to it," Papyrus turned and began guiding April upstairs. As they neared her room, they could see a small shadowy figure near the wall. "My sincerest apologies young feline, did we wake you?" Papyrus picked up the cat and handed it to April. "I have to get back home, but if you have any more trouble sleeping tonight, you have this little one to comfort you," He then began tucking April into bed. As she was drifting off, Papyrus made sure to take one last precautionary measure. "You're in a huge, beautiful meadow. You're wearing a nice dress and you're playing in a field of flowers. It's a sunny day, not a single cloud in the sky," There. That should do it. "Sweet dreams,"