Cuarenta y Ocho: Bad Thoughts

7:31 PM

"May...we need to talk," Mettaton guided May upstairs and into her bedroom. May immediately crawled into bed, forcing herself asleep to avoid the conversation she knew they would have. Mettaton sat next to her and shook her shoulder. "Really? Taking a nap to avoid conversation? That's low," Mettaton began thinking. Where to start? How about with the elephant in the room. "So...lucky halberd?" He gave a pointed look to the weapon on the floor. "I found it on the rescue mission. This note was attached to it," She pulled out a crumpled up paper with the message: this was your 'lucky halberd', right May? "The people after us are mytes. They are probably here to kill me!" Tears crept down her cheeks as she crawled deep into Mettaton's arms. "They probably gave me my old weapon to make the job more amusing to them. I-I don't wanna have to kill somebody again. I remember how awful it felt as a child, please, never leave me," Mettaton held her tight, looking back to his own terror. "I wish I couldn't say I know how you feel, but I can so..." May looked up at him. "What happened?"

It was a dark, cold night in Waterfall. A human had fallen, one that was mean. They had just barged into the snail farm with a weapon. The two little ghosts were hiding in a corner of the house. The human was close to finding them, Mettaton had to do something! He couldn't just let this human kill him and his little baby cousin! He flew up to the ceiling and knocked down the light, allowing it to fall right on top of the human! He floated over to his baby cousin, seeing him with tears in his little eyes!

Mettaton was breathing heavily, holding May tight as a child would hold a teddy bear. "We're safe now," May needed to snap him out of this awful flashback. How? With a slap across the face. Mettaton just looked at May with a smirk. "Thank you," He let May snuggle up close to him. "I should've just let that guy kill me," That made Mettaton sit up immediately. "May, don't say that! If we never met, I wouldn't even still be alive today!" Realizing what he just blurted out, he slapped his hand over his mouth. May furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She never thought-what? Mettaton could see the static in her brain and continued. "At the time that we first met, I had a lot of self doubt. Part of the reason why I was so egotistical was because I had to tell myself those things. I had been setting up plans to throw myself into a river. But then, I ran into this girl on the street one day. She had to wear sunglasses just to look at me without fainting. She followed me everywhere, try to 'serenade' me with, rather sexual music. I found it annoying at first, but I had to admire her dedication. Most of the ladies just gave up when I dismissed them, but she just kept coming. After a bit, I decided to entertain myself and ask her out on a date. She wrote her address on my forehead so I could go pick her up. I walked to her house and saw she was a member of the Random Reference Squad, the group of teenage ladies who are part of the reason why we didn't go to war with the humans again. She comes downstairs in a pretty outfit and immediately drags me up into her bedroom, where the walls are covered head to toe in posters, sketches, even a wax figure of me. Then another squad member calls her over. They have a small talk and she takes me back downstairs, where we then go on a picnic. She kept trying to sneak a hug from me but would sit up whenever I turned my head in her direction. We talked for a bit, she seemed very unsure of who she was, but she thought so highly of me, and she was cute, so I asked her to be my girlfriend thinking I needed someone who looked up to me in such a way, and here I am right now on her bed telling her the whole thing, and she was about to get a kiss," Mettaton gave her a little peck on the cheek. She laughed a bit. "I seriously still don't understand how that mess from the first year we were together turned into what we have now," "You mean me taking care of you?" "No, like, how did I manage to get such a great guy from being a b***h that wanted nothing more than for you to f**k me?" "By praising them like a god when they seriously needed that boost in self esteem, I literally just told you that," Mettaton was then pushed onto the pillows and was being hugged tightly. "I love you Mr Sexy,"