Treinta y Siete: Terms & Conditions

8:32 AM

May walked downstairs to find breakfast was being cooked and the squad was at the table waiting for it. Nothing different from when she left. She knew the squad was trying to eat healthier, so of course, breakfast looked different. It was the same stuff, bacon, eggs, hash browns, but they looked different. Not a problem, she did not trust any food from packaging anyway, as long as it was freshly made and out on a plate, she was good. She picked up a plate and purposely grabbed more than she thought she would eat, A: so April couldn't eat it all before anyone else had the chance to get to it and B: exactly what were the odds of getting 'seconds' when you live with at least 12 other people? She tried to leave the room, slowly backing away, as it felt strangely tense. The squad wasn't talking about random stuff like she remembered them normally doing. It was just silence, very, uncomfortable, silence. Nope! May refused to deal with this! Phew, any longer in there and she probably would've fainted. Oh no! Jimena cleared her throat, "May, why don't you eat with us?" it was a question, but the tone in her voice made it clear that there was only one right answer. Despite all the alarm bells going off in her head, May walked back in and sat down next to April. "So...you decided to vanish...then randomly come back...will we allow it?...No," May ducked her head in shame. She never thought about it like that. But that's exactly what she had done. Guilt, shame, embarrassment. You knew it she felt it. Hot tears were pricking at the corner of her eyes. Threatening to fall any minute. "Of course, not without some ground rules set in place." May snapped her head up, shocked at what she was hearing. "You guys are giving me a second chance...?" This time April spoke up next to her."Try the 100th chance. This isn't the first time your selfish actions has affected this house." April took a deep breath. Jimena made it clear this wasn't just a 'shame-May-conversation' "We're telling you what you need to do in order to earn another chance." May smiled quickly, as always her mind focused on the words she wanted to hear. But Jimena chimed in again. "It won't be easy, we each have written at least one thing do you need to do for a member of the house. And continue to do so, proving you have learned the lesson intended," Instinctively, May stood up and left the room before turning around and coming back in, crossing her arms. "Fine, whatever the f**k you want to burden me with if the other option is to join a wolf pack somewhere in the forest," that earned a couple laughs but the lightened mood was only brief. "Okay, humor aside...you have to eat with us at the table," Jimena gestured with her hand back to the empty seat next to April. May sat down, "Easy enough." "Oh and you have to devote at least one hour of your time every day to play with my cats, actually all of you should," Maddie flashed a smile at the power in her hands. Nobody made a fuss. It's not like playing with cats was a death sentence by any means. April shot her hand in the air. "I call dibs going first!" Before a full-on fight broke out Jimena loudly said "I'll make a signup sheet." "Moving on...you cannot be swearing as much as I know you have been as we have children in this house who are learning to speak, so if you mention anything sexual, you will be fined, of what I will decide later," Cleo explained, making sure to be rational and reasonable to provide a future good example. May rolled her eyes. "Last time we tried that it didn't work." This time April interjected, "Who said we're going to fine you of money?" May took a deep swallow afraid of what all the things they could take from her. May nodded. "i'll try my best." "That's all we're asking for May." "Wait, really?" "No, we are not done," May pushed her plate out of the way and face planted onto the table. The others weren't surprised, she did this when she was in morning mood, relatable. "You also can't spend forever in the bath. Scrub, shave, then out," Ellie commented. "We catch you asleep in there once and you have to shower for the rest of your worthless life," April added. Geez, that was rude! "April, we'll talk about this after we're done here," Jimena gave April her famous death stare. "Oh, and that computer down in the basement, the one we are all supposed to share, it's low on space. I took a look and guess who took up 90% of the data," May was frozen. She couldn't have taken up that much space. Sure she used a good number of files for comics she made, but there was no way 90% could be correct. "Yeah, can you keep your crappy rated r content on your own laptop please?" "Hey, there's a very dumb rule that separates r from pg13. You can only use f**k once otherwise it's r," May slapped her hand over her mouth, what would they take away from her? "Okay, I think we have everything, bye bye, go about your buisness," May immediately fled to the sanctuary of her bedroom.