Cincuenta y Uno: Make Up and Makeover

July 24th, 6:13 AM

"Mettaton, a little help," May called out to him as she tugged on the heel of her unzipped boot. Mettaton turned around and walked up to her. "What do you need?" "I fell asleep with my boots on last night and I need to take a bath before my casserole hangout, but I can't go upstairs and clean myself because I can't get these boots off," May explained, still trying to pull the leather boot off her foot. For the first time, Mettaton was able to take a look at the boots May wore every, single, day. They were dirty, worn down, even torn up a bit in some areas, as if they had been to war. "May...why do you still wear these?" "Doesn't matter, just help me get them off," May replied, continuing to tug on her boot. "Okay stop," Mettaton shooed May's hands away and began gently wriggling the boot off her foot. "Seriously, you've outgrown and worn down these boots to the point where you can't even reuse the material, well, I could try coming up with something, anyway, what made you think it was a good idea to keep wearing these?" "I couldn't just throw them out, I made them myself. It's not like I can just buy the perfect boots at the mall. Sure, the insoles are torn up and they're a painfully tight fit, but they were the very first clothing article I ever made. I'm not about to trash them," May picked up her boots, refusing to let them go. Mettaton just looked at her with a small smile. "What? Are you going to lecture me on having to let go of the past or something like that? Well no, not happening, the boots are now off and I'm going to take a bath!" May snatched her boots and sprinted upstairs.

6:48 AM

Hair still dripping, May walked down into the kitchen and began pouring herself a cup of coffee. "Just a bit of creamer and..." After a bit of stirring, she pulled another mug out of the cabinet. "Anyone else want coffee?" She asked as she began pouring a mug of pure brew with a touch of mocha for Mettaton. Nobody answered for a bit, but as May turned to give Mettaton his coffee, "I WOULD LIKE SOME!" Mettaton could see the sudden tension fill May's body as she set down the mugs and began pouring some for Papyrus, not in a mug, but a small bowl. She then snatched Mettaton, along with their coffees, before climbing onto him. Rather than gently sliding out from underneath her, Mettaton just stood up, letting May fall off of him. "You seriously think I want to cuddle with you after that?" May just looked at him, shocked. He had pushed her away before, but this was different, a bad different. "I won't cuddle with someone who hates my best friend without having a reason to," He saw May was just on her knees, staring at the floor. "And if you want me to forgive you, then stop beating yourself up and go apologize to him," May stood up and forced her way to the kitchen. "And act like you mean it," he added. There she was, in a deep pit with no way out. "...Hey...Papyrus...I apologize for the way I acted towards you just now. I was in a bad mood and I was just projecting a bit. Here, I'll get you a real cup of coffee," May poured a mug of coffee with some cream, handed it to Papyrus and walked to the fridge, opening and closing it before turning. "That's not a door, that's a fridge," she then walked into the backyard before turning around and coming back inside. "Wrong door," and she left the kitchen.

7:01 AM

Mettaton took a bit to cool off and plan a little bit. May already had a casserole hangout planned, so that would already teach her the value of friends. And since she needed new shoes, that gave him an excuse to do something he wanted to do for a long time. When he walked back into the living room, there was May on the couch in a plushy fortress. He stood behind the couch. "So...when are you getting casserole?" He asked. May ducked her head into the pile of animal plushies. "2:30," "Good. Gives us plenty of time to something I believe you are long overdue for," May poked her head out. "Is it therapy?" Mettaton froze for a bit. "In a way. I am giving you a makeover," He could see May turn her head around. "And no, it's not because I don't think you look pretty, you're beautiful, you always have been," he sat down on the couch next to the mountain of stuffed animals. "I just want to help you feel beautiful," Mettaton began dismantling the mountain, setting each plushie down carefully, revealing the May buried under it. "Now, head into the bathroom and take off the corset and vest," May got up and walked into the bathroom as instructed. "Wait a minute, what--" before May could finish, a bra was flung onto her neck. She turned around and closed the door with an angry "Thanks!".