Sinon X Male Reader (PT 1)

He watched through his scope carefully, a hood and mask covering his face. A convoy of players was passing by, far below, and he'd noticed them coming a while back. Just like the players waiting to ambush them. But he wasn't here for them. An infamous girl with a skill for sniping unmatched had been hired by the ambushers, according to his source, and he wasn't going to miss this chance. It wasn't that he wanted to kill her and prove he was better, no, he wanted to meet Sinon. He scanned the buildings across from him for any sign of movement, just to see a small flash of light blue as someone goes to ground. He trains the crosshairs on where she slides out and sets up, only to see her rifle barrel pointed straight at him. He quickly takes a mirror, a common accessory, and flashes a message across.

Y/N: Do not fire. I am not your enemy.

Of course, the only asshole cheeky enough to do that was you, nicknamed the Silent Wraith. She pulls out her own and flashes a message back.

Sinon: Prove it and take down your group. It's only six of them.

Your eyes widen, you drop your mirror, and fire. The aim had been moved slightly, hitting the individual behind her. She, on the other hand, assumed you shot at her and fired, hitting you square in the shoulder. You pointed behind her and she looked around, noticing the gun on the ground that her would be attacker had dropped. When she looked around again, you were up, holding your shoulder with your rifle slung over your shoulder. You flashed her a quick message.

Y/N: I am the Silent Wraith. It was nice meeting you, Sinon. 

You turn away and struggle to escape as pandemonium breaks out beneath you, while Sinon yells for you to stop and others presumably start responding to her calls.

Y/N: I didn't think about how to escape... 

You look around and notice a staircase, immediately heading towards it, only for a bullet to whiz past your head and make you take cover in response. You pull the Glock from it's holster and one hand it, the other handing uselessly by your side.

Sinon: Wraith, where are you? I know you weren't able to leave yet, and you're hurt. Come out slowly.

You smirk and put the gun down, picking off a grenade instead. Gently rolling it after pulling the pin, you pick up the gun and bolt, diving into cover again.

Sinon: Got you! Wait...Damn it!

You hear shuffling feet and smile right before the explosion. As the fragmentation scatters, dust sprays everywhere, and you use it to make your way to the exit.

Y/N: I think I'm...

The distinctive click of a gun's hammer and the cold metal pressing against the back of your head make you immediately cut off your sentence.

Sinon: Wraith. I've got you. Take off the mask.

You hesitated for a second.

Y/N: I...I can't! My model's based on how I actually look and I don't...!

Sinon completely ignored you and reached around, ripping the mask off your face.

Sinon: Now, turn around slowly.

You did as she asked, head lowered so all she could see was white hair. She tried to lift your chin, but you resisted, resulting in a jab from the gun again.

Y/N: Fine...

You looked up at her, red eyes glaring at the woman who unmasked you.

Sinon: I never would have thought...the Wraith is you, Y/N.

You frowned and she lowered the gun, smiling.

Sinon: We know each other and...

She's interrupted by a loud bang, and her expression turns into a pained one as she looks down, the Glock pointing at the new hole you gave her in the stomach.

Y/N: I'm sorry. You shouldn't have unmasked me yet. I would've shown you eventually.

You turn away and start staggering off, Sinon reaching out to try and grab you as she dissolves into pixels.