Salem X Male Reader

You tapped your foot against the metal floor of the elevator as it started slowing down, its destination drawing near. You clench your teeth as it finally grinds to a stop, the two metallic sheets sliding apart to reveal four individuals standing in front of you. All of them looked disappointed, especially Goodwitch and Ozpin, while Qrow and Ironwood looked at you with pity, hands on your weapon. Noting the atmosphere, you rub your thumb against the mechanism that triggers your sword and gun as you step out and close your eyes.

Y/N: Well, let us not beat around the bush. Would you please tell me why you called for me headmaster? And why is the General and Qrow here as well?

Ozpin: You know very well why we called you here. We know who your allegience lies with. Would you just confirm it for us?

You grunt as you trigger your weapons, a revolver appearing in your left hand and a katana in your right. Bracing the sword on your shoulder, you sigh as you shake your head.

Y/N: I had a feeling I was suspected by you, Ozpin. You know, I genuinely liked this place. I didn't want to leave. But now I'll have to head back with what I know, and Salem really isn't going to like this development. Can you please just let me go?

In the courtyard of Beacon, Team RWBY and Team JNPR were sitting with each other, talking to themselves after having trained for an hour. Their attention is drawn by the sound of shattering glass from the headmaster's office, a figure leaping from it while firing inside. A cape flutters behind him as he plummets toward the ground, slamming into it at high speed. He slowly crawled out of the crater before standing up, his two weapons far too familiar for Ruby to forget.

Ruby: Y/N, are you okay?! What happened?!

She rushes towards you and starts helping you recover from your landing, and you smile at her kindness before walking toward Beacon's exit.

Yang: Where are you going? You're hurt, so you need to rest.

Y/N: I'm fine. Just heading to Vale to...get medical supplies. I'm running low.

Blake finally speaks up, and you freeze as your grip on your weapons tightens.

Blake: That's not the truth, is it? It's something you don't want to share, isn't it?

The intercom speaks up in Ozpin's voice as you look over your shoulder, scowling as Team JNPR stands up. Everyone looks towards you while Yang and Ruby have the ultimate look of betrayal.

Ozpin: Attention all students, Y/N L/N is no longer a student at Beacon. He has gone rogue and attempted to kill myself, General Ironwoods of Atlas, and Qrow Branwen. Should any student encounter him, try to stall him until a professor or authorities arrive.

Yang angrily charges you, and you sigh as you deflect her blow before running her through, shocking the others. She looks down, surprised, as you gently push her off the blade and into the ground. You flick the blade and let the blood splatter the ground.

Y/N: This blade doesn't kill. I'd never kill any of you...unless of course Lady Salem ordered it.

Ruby attacked you next, much to your displeasure, and you close the distance to her after grabbing her scythe. You smash the hilt of your sword into her temple and knock her unconscious before gently laying her down.

Y/N: You can continue to attack me, but Yang is slowly bleeding out. I pierced her aura. You have a decision to make, young ones. Save Yang and let me go, or bring me to justice and let her die. Everyone draws back, but you notice one person missing. You duck and cut behind you as a certain spartan staggers into your field of view, dropping onto her knees as she starts bleeding from her abdomen. You clean your sword and sheathe it as a dark portal opens behind you. You turn toward it and go halfway through before you're stopped by Blake and Weiss.

Blake: Why did you do this?

Weiss: Why would you betray your friends?!

Y/N: Let me ask you, if you love someone, and the only family you have is on the wrong side with her, what do you do? Do you stick with the people you befriended recently, or do you go to the people you have in your heart? In other words, if you could change Adam Taurus, would you? Or bring him to justice? For me, I stick by my family and my love. Unfortunately, my love is none of you. Next time we meet...will be as enemies.

You glance behind them to see a shocked Goodwitch.

Y/N: Sorry, Glynda. You treated me like a mother, and I thought of you as one....but some things take priority. It's been nice knowing you.

You finish stepping through, appearing in a dark throne room in front of an unnerved Salem and a laughing Tyrian.

Y/N: What is so funny, Uncle? Did someone get dismembered again? Or did Summer swear her savior was coming?

Tyrian: Both!

You sigh as you turn to Salem and kneel. You bow your head and gulp as you have to deliver bad news to an already upset Salem.

Y/N: M'Lady, I regret to inform you that I was found out. I am now wanted as a rogue huntsman.

Salem: My dear Y/N, it's okay. We expected you to be found out. We needed the seeds of distrust to be sown.

Y/N: Qrow Branwen is also informed of us. I believe he was given the powers of transformation. A crow was often found at the scenes of our crimes.

Salem: That is invaluable information, Y/N. Ironwoods is also aware, I assume?

Y/N: Yes.

Salem: Good. Now rise, my King. Putting you at risk was the most dangerous part of this operation.

Y/N: As the king then... the silver eyed warrior's daughter. I want her, and her entire team, brought to me after the Fall of Beacon. Alive. Understood, Cinder?

Cinder: Yes, we understand. You can rely on us.

You stand and sit on the throne beside Salem, who leans over and kisses your cheek while smiling at the result you achieved. Everyone files out as she turns towards you, confused.

Y/N: I befriended them during my time at Beacon. I do need playthings for my amusement. But don't worry, you will always be the most special to me.

Salem nods slightly as your veins pulse black for a second and your eyes flash red.

Y/N: After all....no one is more important than Salem, Queen of the Grimm. Nobody gets to stand in your way.