Nami X Male Immortal Marine Reader

You sigh as you stare at the beaten down Straw Hat crew, and more specifically Nami, as she struggles to stand in front of Luffy and Zoro. You shake your head as the Marines holding them at gunpoint prepare to fire and end her life. Drawing your sword, you seem to disappear before appearing in front of the orange haired girl. Her eyes widen as you grin at her before the guns go off, piercing you and causing blood to fountain from your body. Nami's eyes water as she sees the uncovered face of her savior.

Marine: Reload! Take them out this time!

Before they can, to everyone's horror, you come back to your feet as your wounds disappear in small blazes. You grin as your blade elongates further, the blade finally recognizable to the Marines.

Marine: You can't be...why are you helping these pirates, Captain?!

Y/N: Consider this...my resignation. I made a promise in the past, and I intend to keep it.

The Marines try to attack you, but you quickly swing your sword, carving through them effortlessly as Nami stares on in amazement. You spin in a circle and send the group flying, but one gets through and tries to impale Nami. You turn and throw your sword, the blade coming down perfectly and embedding itself in his shoulder. You walk over and pull it out before impaling him, ending his life instantly.

Y/N: So...It's been a long time Nami. You changed crews, glad to see you're finally free.

Nami: Is that...Is that really you?

Y/N: Yep. It's me. Y/N L/N, the Immortal. I was a Marine Captain here all this time, waiting to finally meet you again. I knew you'd make it.

You sheathe your sword and pick up Luffy while gesturing at Zoro. You spot Sanji, their cook, on deck and smile. Nami has pulled her weapon on you and you raise your eyebrow.

Y/N: Grab the pirate hunter. We need to get them back to your ship. I think I'll be staying with you now.

Nami: Why? You had a great position here!

Y/N: Don't you remember the promise we made the day they came to the village for their empire? I told you, one day I'd be stronger than anyone, and when I was I'd be back to protect you. I keep my promises. Think your captain would let me hook up with you guys?

Nami: Yeah! He'd totally keep you! Though Sanji might not like you.

Y/N: Why?

Nami: He's in love with me...he says. I'm not interested in him.

Y/N: Lemme guess, Luffy here?

Nami: No way! He's just an idiot!

You snicker and don't respond, walking to the ship before appearing on the ship and laying Luffy on the wood. You lean over the railing and grab Zoro from Nami just as he starts waking up. You haul him over the railing and he draws his sword weakly at the sight of you.

Y/N: Calm down, Roronoa Zoro. I just helped you and your captain to the ship. One last person...

You go over the railing one last time and grab Nami, hauling her over too. She leans on the railing and sighs at the peace as you use a beam to push the ship off, looking at a chart nearby. You grab it but feel a murderous presence behind you. You turn and see a very angry cook, Sanji, who goes to kick you into oblivion. Before it can land, he's hit on the head by Nami's staff, and you smile as he holds his head.

Y/N: Moron, I'm helping here! I'm Y/N the Immortal! I just saved your crew!

Nami gets up and walks over to you before leaning against your side, putting an arm over your shoulder.

Nami: He's an old...friend? Close friend? Not sure what to call him actually, but he's made a promise to protect me, and he never goes back on his word. We can trust him.

Y/N: I'm here for you, not them. If she orders me to do something, I will. If the crew's in danger, I'll step in. Otherwise, I'm actually fairly lazy...I'm also the only decent Marine Captain...well formal now, but you get it.

Zoro: We get it already. You're like me. You won't give up on your dream, like I never will. We can trust you, I'm sure of it.

Luffy starts waking up and looks up at you, laughing loudly.

Luffy: Sweet! We got you after all! I was wanting you to join my crew!

Y/N: Welp, you've got me...Captain Luffy!

Zoro chuckles at it, as does Sanji and Nami.

Nami: Relax. Let's go to my area and talk. It's been a while.

You nod and follow the slightly limping girl to a shaded spot on the deck before sitting next to her. She looks at you before sighing and closing her eyes.

Y/N: You know...You joining the Arlong Pirates really hurt me. I thought I'd lost the girl closest to my heart forever, and then hearing about the incident at Arlong Park, I feared the worst. You have a horrible damn habit of scaring me, even if you aren't around Nami. I'm not letting you out of my sight again.

Nami: I heard you'd joined the Marines. The same group that never sent help, never checked on us. I was wondering if you even cared. I didn't know if you'd died somehow, or were captive. I didn't know anything. It...It broke my heart not knowing anything about you, or if you still cared about me...I still don't know why you insist on that stupid promise of yours. It's just a few words you told me when we were little kids. You didn't have to keep it.

You lean on her, your unusual jacket covering your face again. It was silent for a few moments before you spoke again, unaware of the hidden group listening in.

Y/N: I kept my promise to you Nami. I kept it because I'm nothing without my word, nothing without my character. And at the same time, I'm keeping a certain promise I made to myself right after I left.

Nami: And what promise was that?

Y/N: It was a very personal promise...a vow. Something I'd never break even at death. It was a vow to make sure that the girl I've loved for years stayed as safe as I could manage, and that I'd one day meet her again. It was a vow to do anything I could to make you happy Nami, even if it was just me who felt like that. Maybe that's the case, but I'd like to hope it isn't.

Nami's head turned toward you, seeing the hood covering your face again. She grabbed it and slowly lowered it, taking in your features with a smile.

Nami: You're a big idiot. I'm happy because you're with me, Y/N, and that promise you made? I'll make sure you keep it. I loved you back then, and I was devastated when you left, but I've got you back now. I won't let the guy I love go away again! Never again!

She moved forward and kissed you, holding onto you desperately, as if she was scared you'd leave again. You kiss back, losing yourself before hearing a familiar chuckle from earlier.

Zoro: Well, the navigator and the former marine. Who would've thought that history was there?

You stand up quickly, as does Nami. She puts her staff together, and you pull your sword on him while glowering.

Zoro: Wait...Wait a minute, this isn't fair!

Y/N: I don't give a damn! I think me and Nami are about to collect a big bounty!

Zoro starts running away as you and Nami chase after him while Sanji, Usopp, and Luffy all laugh.

Y/N: I'll have your head!

Zoro: Let's talk about this!

Nami: We can talk after I throw you overboard!