Neo X Male Hero Reader

It was a dark night, but in the city of Vale a festival was currently underway. Teams from Beacon had come down to have fun, and some of the professors had joined them. Among these people was a certain mute ice cream girl by the name of Neo, who was on her own and eating ice cream. She was walking, enjoying the sights and sounds as much as she could. Suddenly, an explosion rung out, shattering the peace of the night. Screams rung out as hunters and huntresses rallied. Neo, albeit a villain, still rushed ahead to try and protect the people. As she arrived, she noticed several people sprawled out, clearly fallen hunters. Revealing the blade in her umbrella, she looked towards the small group of chaos causing criminals who were sending even more people flying in pain. A familiar team landed next to her as everyone backed off, listening to their demands.

Crimson: I am Crimson, and we're in control here now. We want all the cash and dust here, and in the next five minutes. Hurry, before we start destroying everything.

At this exact moment, a boy about Neo's age walks out of the shadows with his hands in his jacket pockets, standing in front of everyone. He looks at them and sighs, yawning.

Ruby: Y/N, no! They'll kill you! You can't even fight!

You smile and chuckle, letting the wind catch your jacket and make it flutter ever so slightly. Taking a hand out of your pocket, you scratch your head.

Y/N: Listen, I really don't want to fight. So if you leave now, I won't hurt any of you. What do you say? I'm sparing you here.

Neo watched on in interest, recognizing the name from the bottom of Beacon's leaderboards and knowing he was easily the worst fighter from any combat school. Glynda, who'd already been defeated, reached out to him.

Glynda: Mister L/N, I can't let you do this...You aren't ready for this level of combat.

Neo steps forward, but you signal her to stay back as they start laughing.

Razor: Boy, you're the worst fighter in history, and you want to stop us?! Prepare to die!

They rush you, but everyone clearly hears you sigh as your right hand comes up and your eyes start to glow.

Y/N: Don't say I didn't warn you.

To everyone's surprise, sharp objects appear from behind you and fly at the group, each at an extremely high speed. They manage to make it past your barrage and attack you, earning a yell from some of the crowd until they notice you appear behind them. They turn to look, but a glow encompasses one of them.

Y/N: Now you're blue.

You smile as you move your hand into different directions, smashing him into walls or into his comrades. As one gets around you and strikes, you move him in the way. Crimson grimaces as his compatriot's throat is cut.

Y/N: I did warn you. I'm weak, but only because I don't fight. If I gave everything I had....No one could survive long enough against me!

You start floating in the air, grinning as one of the objects appears in your hand. You swing it several times, and blue beams appear before flying at high speed, nailing the group dead center. Razor flies out of the group and smashes into a busted wall, a broken pipe impaling him through the gut.

Y/N: That burning sensation in your gut is your defeat. Now, I offer mercy once more.

Crimson grimaces and nods reluctantly. You float down and put your hand out, and he reaches forward to shake it.

Y/N: I never made a promise to let you go.

You suddenly lurch up, your finger pointing towards the sky as several spikes impale him, pinning him in place. You sigh before suddenly turning, using your control to pin him to the ground. You yawn and grimace as you try to stay awake, but ultimately fail. You step to the side the moment you hear a noise, but he attacks you again. You close your eyes, expecting to feel the bite of the jagged object in his hands, but you hear a dull clang. You open your eyes to see Neo blocking it with her umbrella before deflecting him, turning her umbrella so the blade slashed across his throat. You smile, sweating slightly and with bags under your eyes. You start walking down an alley as everyone is distracted with the bodies, but Neo follows you. You turn to face her and let the smile drop.

Y/N: So what is it?

Neo does a quick motion with her hands, and you respond, letting her know you know sign language too.

Neo: You were really cool back there. And hot, too.

You chuckle slightly and start signing back.

Y/N: That wasn't a bad save from you either. Made you look real good.

Neo blushed before staring at your chest, pushing her fingers together. You piece together what's going on and sigh, draping an arm over her shoulder.

Y/N: Tell you what, I like how you look, how you act, and how decisive you were. You seem to like my looks and all that, so lets say I give you one thing you want. What is it? A one night stand?

Neo shakes her head and signs quickly, her face blood red.

You chuckle, turning red faced as you see the message.

Y/N: You resisted the offer. Nice. Then how about we start going out? You down for that?

Neo nods rapidly, and after a quick exchange of numbers, you grab her hand.

Y/N: Let's go out to eat. I know a shortcut.