Koneko X Male Reader

Several people were moving in a group toward a rundown section of Kuoh Town, reported of a rogue devil having come in and it being their duty to dispatch such a thing. Among them was a white haired girl who currently seemed to have no interest in the duty she had to accomplish, and who was currently eating chocolate. The group arrived at the scene, just to the side of two large, iron doors. The group started to try and come up with a plan, only for the choclate eater to interrupt.

Koneko: I hear something. It sounds like two people.

Rias: Could there be two devils?

Koneko: Maybe, but it seems as if they're disagreeing.

Just then, a wail is heard as the doors blow off their hinges and a young girl is sent flying out, her body battered. They glance at her before glancing at the newly made hole, from which a male figure steps out. They see him tighten his hand wraps which were splattered with fresh blood and flex his fingers before smiling and rolling his shoulder. Setting his eyes on his enemy, he completely misses the second group looking at him.

Y/N: Damn, that felt good! Can you get up, or are you gonna let me smash that face of yours in?

The girl from before gets up shakily, eyeing you with fear. Looking around, she sees the spectators and tries to flee, her wings spreading out as she takes off. Rias points at her and yells to Koneko.

Rias: Stop her now!

Koneko sprints at the girl and leaps at her, but the girl fires at her with a magic blast. You take off instantly, shocking everyone with a burst of speed that could easily dwarf Kiba, and launch into the air. You grab Koneko's waist and pull her to you, ending up behind the rogue devil. You unleash a kick and send her flying into the ground before your own glyph appears under your foot. You launch after her and land on her with a satisfying crack, stepping off right after and releasing Koneko. You turn back to the rogue and step on her head, sighing.

Y/N: Are you already broken? Come on. Do you really want to die so easily?

She grabs your leg and an explosion occurs, smoking up the area. The group, including Koneko, manage to avoid it, but it engulfs you, shocking the others. They hear the sounds of yelling, fighting, and screaming, and then there's a bright red flash. They hear footsteps approach, and then a figure appears in the smoke, too hazy to see clearly. A body is suddenly flung forward and they look at it, immediately regretting it. Her arms were twisted at demented angles, and her side was easily caved in. The most obvious and most fatal injury was the gaping hole in her chest though, and even as seasoned as they were Rias still gagged and Kiba threw up. Koneko just looked at it silently as you stepped out, a smile on your face and a faint glow dissipating from around you.

Y/N: Hello! So, who are you guys? Were you friends with her or something?

Rias is still attempting to recover, Akeno is just staring, and Kiba has yet to empty his stomach, so Koneko answers.

Koneko: Not really. We came to kill her, but you got here first. Who are you?

Y/N: I'm Y/N, or at least, that's what I want to be called, and I'm inhuman. Don't know what, exactly. So...are you guys devils? Your energy seems to match.

Koneko: Yes. We are. And thank you for saving me earlier.

Y/N: No problem. Here, you might still be shaken.

You pull out a chocolate bar and hand it to her, and she start eating it while suddenly clinging to your side. Rias, finally capable of talking, acts.

Rias: Well, I guess it's best if we get out of your hair then. Let's go Koneko.

Koneko seems to sadden slightly as she follows Rias as you watch their backs before getting an idea.

Y/N: Hey, mind if I join up with you guys? It's a bit boring on my own, and I feel like things might be interesting around you.

Rias turns to everyone else, unsure about what to do. None of them meet her eyes except Koneko, who's smiling slightly.

Koneko: Can we keep him please?

Rias gives a resigned sigh and nods, looking at you. She gestures you to follow as Koneko appears at your side again, startling you. You grin and pat her head, which makes everyone freeze, but she only leans into it more.

Y/N: Would you like me to piggyback you? I wouldn't mind much.

Koneko nods, so you lean down and let her get on your back, eating more. You follow the group of devils to their hideout....if you could call it that, and let Koneko down as you hand her more chocolate. You decide to speak up once more.

Y/N: If you need me, I'm a student at Kuoh so I'm pretty easy to find. I'll see you friends later.

You disappear, not noticing the slight tug on your shirt, and arrive at your home, a comfortable house near the school. You stretch and the tug gets more noticeable, finally drawing your attention to Koneko at your side. You sigh and face palm, patting her.

Y/N: I can't do it again, and I'm out of energy. I can show you the way on a map, sorry about this.

Koneko: It's okay, Y/N. Could I stay here for the night?

You shrug and head off, taking a shower as she gets settled in on her own. You come out with new clothes, a tank top and shorts to sleep in. You head to bed and lay down, your scars on full display. Koneko walks in quietly as you start dozing off and smiles once again. She slowly climbs into bed with you and lets off a creepy grin, clinging to you tightly.

Koneko: Mine...