Origami X Male Spirit Reader

You put your hand on your hand, trying to shake off the pain you felt. You stand straight up, pulling a spear from an obsidian pillar next to you as you glance around. The ruined buildings and the crater underneath your feet cause you to frown, but the feeling quickly disappears. You turn towards a faint humming and lift your spear for combat as a small squadron of people fly into view. Your gaze passes over them until you rest your eyes on the person you assume to be the leader. Your body is encompassed in light before you reappear with a suit around you.

Y/N: Girl with the white hair, can you tell me where I am? Why are you all armed? And why does my head hurt...?

The girl in question holds out her hand to stop the others before slowly landing on the ground in front of you. You lift the spear more, your fear evident to her. Making a split second decision, she put her main weapon in your view ahead of her before dropping it. In response, you lower your spear and tilt it point first towards the ground before leaning against it, rubbing your head.

Origami: I am Origami Tobichii. We have been sent to exterminate you before you cause more damage.

You eye her before sighing, holding your arms apart and giving her a clear shot. However, at the same time, you looked her in the eyes with a cold look.

Y/N: I don't plan to cause any more damage. I'm just confused about everything, and I'd rather figure out things. But if you insist on killing me, go ahead. Just know that I will fight back. So your choice is this. YOU show me around the city, or fight me. But I could really use a nap.

You watch as she brings her hand to her ear and seems to listen to a second before her eyes slightly widen. You decide while she's busy being strange to actually take a moment and look her over. Her figure definitely draws your eye, and her voice is definitely wonderful. As you keep thinking on this information, she turns back to you and draws your full focus again.

Origami: I will show you around the city. Do you know what a date is?

You hide a smile and shake your head, letting the spear disappear. She blushes slightly, having noticed the corners of your lips curve upward.

Origami: Can you wait here then? I will be back shortly.

You nod and lay on your back, putting your hands behind your head and closing your eyes, slowly drifting to sleep. It wasn't long before you were forced awake however, because your eyes snapped open when the ground next to you erupted in a cloud of dust. You slowly got up and stretched, eyeing the causing of your nap's interruption. Your eyes widen when you see Origami struggling to stand, so the spear quickly finds its way into your hands after reforming. You glance upwards and see a familiar face, one that you glare at instantly.

Origami: Run... We'll take care of her, Spirit.

Y/N: My name is Y/N. Now let me take care of her. I have a score to settle.

You float upwards, drawing the attention of Kurumi. She grins as she turns toward you, one of her guns in her hand.

Kurumi: Oh, it's going to be so much fun killing you! You've never been a match for me!

You glare as Origami looks up, grimacing at the situation. Your spear goes up, the tip pointing directly at Kurumi's chest. You start to glow as your energy releases. Your eyes seem to lose their light as your very demeanor changes.

Y/N: I will kill you, Kurumi.

She laughs before a gasp escapes her lips. She looks down, seeing that your spear had shot forward and run her through. Everyone looks on in shock before you pull your arm back to you. The spear responds, pulling her to you with it. You punch forward, knocking her to the ground at high speed while the spear is ripped out, heading right back into the palm of your hand. You spin it, causing the attack Kurumi launched in retaliation to ricochet into the air. Kurumi, shocked at the powerful display, points her weapon at the defeated Origami. She fires and Origami freezes, closing her eyes, only to feel something spray onto her face. She opens her eyes again, seeing your figure with a gaping hole in your side. You hold the wound with your left hand and throw the spear, this time piercing Kurumi's shoulder cleanly. It returns to your hand, but you stumble for a second and your attention drops. When you look back up, Kurumi is gone, only her blood on the ground any sign that she was ever there. You look back at Origami's terrified face and smile, blood dripping from your mouth. You sit down and hold the wound, closing your eyes. You start breathing heavier as your emotions finally lose control. Your anger, your fear, your desperation. It all fights against your conviction and kindness. You struggle to stay as you are, your power starting to spike. Origami gets up, hurt as she is, and starts limping over to you.

Y/N: I'm going back already. Ah, what a drag.

As you resign yourself to your fate, a pair of lips smashes against your own. You open your eyes and see Origami. The thoughts in your mind finally come into focus as you regain control and your power dies down. On instinct, you pull her closer as you spot a small group heading towards you. Mostly the group from before, but a few new arrivals were present. You struggle and stand up, your spear across your body as you brace yourself in front of Origami.

Y/N: She's mine...you can't have her...

Your arms are shaking as the girl with a sucker steps forward, a hand on her hips.

Kotori: Easy now. I'm Kotori, head of Ratatosk. We aren't here to hurt either of you. You took a liking to Origami immediately, didn't you?

Y/N: So what if I did?

The spear disappears as you drop to a knee, the suit struggling to stay formed on your body.

Kotori: Well, I've got a deal for you. We'll be making you stay with Origami, but we might need your help if we call on it in the future, what do you say?

Y/N: Fine...I...accept...

The blood loss finally got to you as you collapsed completely, the suit finally fading into nothingness. Origami, despite her condition, picked you up and and staggered after Kotori.

Origami: Never thought I'd help a Spirit. You should hurry, before we lose him.

Kotori: Agreed. Let's goes before he dies.