Rukia Kuchiki X Male Reader

Ichigo currently was on his last legs, blood seeping out of the wound on his shoulder. He grinned as Rukia's brother, Byakuya, stepped forward. Ichigo attacks him, only for Byakuya to all but appear behind him as he sheathes his Zanpakuto again. Glancing back, everyone is shocked to see a new figure with a scythe in his hand, standing where the sword should have connected. You look at him and grin as Ichigo collapses, right into one of your arms.

Y/N: Idiot. What would have happened if I didn't make it? Whatever, just leave this to me.

You slowly lower him to the ground before spinning your scythe and bracing it on your shoulder, releasing your spiritual pressure and stunning both Renji and Byakuya.

Y/N: Now, I really am not used to this, being out of my body and all considering I've never even used a weapon before, but you wanted to take Rukia for execution. Well, I can't allow that. She is going to stay here with me, and I won't let you take her!

Rukia moves to stop you, but Byakuya releases his Zanpakuto and a flurry of petals comes at you like a swarm of razor edged leaves. You lift your scythe and chuckle.

Y/N: Reveal yourself, Shinjitsu!

An eye appears on the blade of your scythe and you swing it, forcing Byakuya's Zanpakuto into its base form. He stares at the blade, shocked at that, while Renji silently attacks you from behind. In an instant no one can see, you are behind him, with the blade of your scythe poking out his stomach. He looks down, shaking as he coughs up blood and lightly touches the blade. You look back at Rukia, who has tears in her eyes, and you sigh before pulling the blade out.

Y/N: It's not a lethal blow. I gave you that courtesy, considering you didn't kill Ichigo and Rukia seems to care for you somewhat. Now, stay down. If you try to move, it could kill you.

You turn away and step towards Byakuya, who looks at you with wide eyes as you spin your scythe, the blood flicking off. You grin as your battle lust finally bubbles to the surface, your hands changing position for a different style as you stood in front of Rukia.

Rukia: Y/N, just stop! You can't beat him! He's a captain!

You ignore her as Byakuya slightly frowns, stepping towards you before grinning and rushing you. You deflect his attack and swing your scythe in retaliation, which he jumps over. You predict this and smash the handle into his gut and knock him backwards, before trying to impale him with a downward swing. He rolls out the way and swings at you, while you lean back and take a slight cut on the cheek. You grab his wrist and pull him towards you, kneeing him in the stomach before pushing him back and spinning on a heel, swinging your scythe and catching him across the chest. You step back as he runs a finger over the wound, seeing his own blood. He sheathes his Zanpakuto and looks at you.

Byakuya: What is your name?

Y/N: Y/N L/N. I assume you'll be informing your...Soul Society, i believe it was...about me?

Byakuya: Yes. You are indeed powerful, and we can't let you go unnoticed.

Y/N: Okay. Take redhead with you and recover, then train. You are a worthy opponent that I wouldn't mind fighting again. If you want Rukia, you'll have to go through me and Ichigo, and I promise it'll be even harder next time.

Byakuya nods, walks past you, picks up Renji, and makes his way back to the Society while Rukia walks up to you. You toss the scythe up and it disappears as you let out a breath.

Rukia: What was that?! You went toe to toe with a Captain!

Y/N: Well, I've kinda always been able to do that. And I've always had that scythe. But I won because I was...well, I was fighting for you.

Rukia's face turned red as you looked to the side and grinned, chuckling awkwardly. Hearing no response, you turn and go to grab Ichigo, only to be stopped by a smallish hand. You turn back and look at her, confused. She reels back a fist and socks you in the stomach, causing you to groan.

Rukia: That's for worrying me so much.

You look up at her, clutching your stomach, and notice her tears.

Y/N: So what if I worried you? I still saved you, and that's all that ever mattered to me. I'm going to protect you, as long as I have breath in my body.

You stand up slowly and give her your charateristic smile, and she breaks. She lunges forward, wrapping her arms around you and giving you a back-breaking hug. You hug her back and sigh.

Y/N: Relax. I won't allow myself to die. Not as long as you need me.

Rukia looks up at you and takes a breath before taking you off guard by lunging forward, meeting your lips with hers. You pull her closer and continue for a few more seconds before finally moving apart.

Y/N: Well, that was something.

Rukia: Are you really just going to blow it off?!

You pick up Ichigo and drape him over your shoulder before looking at her over your shoulder.

Y/N: Of course not. I thought the kiss just meant we were in a relationship now. If you want, you can follow me back to my place, considering you're currently sleeping in a closet. Then we can talk about this more, if you so desire.

Rukia sighs before giving you a slightly smile.

Rukia: Sure, that sounds nice.