004

The Dark Enchantress glanced around in the guild, trying to spot spiky black hair guy. She searched for the ice magic mage. "Ne, Mira. Where's Gray?" Rae turned around and asked Mira who was serving drinks to others. Mira put her fingers under her chin.

Then, Levy, a girl with blue hair walked there and sat on a stool. "I think he went on a job just a moment ago."

Rae bit her lip, nodding her head. She stretched her hand out at Levy. Sending her a soft smile on her lips, she tilted her head. "Rae." Both of them hit off and chatted for a while. Rae asked her about Gray on what job had he taken. Levy told her it was a catching thief one. Slumping on the bar, Rae huffed. Her main reason to stay at the guild was because she wanted to meet Gray properly.

But she's too late. He was already off to his job. Guessed she could hung out with Levy and Cana at the guild. They seemed fun. "Levy, have you ever been in love?" Rae asked her new friend, smirking as a flush of embarrassment rose to Levy's cheeks. Levy let out a shriek, shocked at the question. Suddenly, both of them were surrounded by Jet and Droy who were eager to hear the answer.

Those two guys stood on her sides while glaring at each other. The brown haired girl smirked at the sight of her blushing. "So?"

Levy stammered on her words, didn't know what to answer, getting more uncomfortable with Jet and Droy were pestering her non stop. "I uh well, have not." Levy answered with red puff cheeks, hiding her face behind her hands. Jet and Droy dropped to the ground, clearly in frustration with her answer. Rae laughed in amusement. Leaving them still on the floor and Levy was still blushing, a thought had rushed to her mind. Rae got up and headed to Master's office.

She walked there with her hands fiddling each other. The brown haired girl knocked the door twice, waiting for him to give her a permission to go in. Hearing a faint reply, Rae breathed in and out, opened the door. Master was sitting on his chair, hands were under his chin. "Yes, child. What a coincidence, I was just trying to call you up here." Master told her, giving her a wrinkled grin. The Dark Enchantress took a sit in front of him and nodded her head.

"What is it, Master?"

"I got a message from the Magic Council, apparently we have a meeting later." Master Makarov said to her while pushed the papers on his table aside. Rae nodded, telling him she would be there. He asked her what did she wish to say to him. The brown haired girl looked down on her lap, clenching her fists with dark mist floated around her hands. Her emotions were mixed together. She didn't know what she felt right there.

Angry? No, she's not angry. Betrayed? Yes. Guilty? She's feeling guilty. "Master, what happened to Laxus?" The brown haired girl tilted her up and looking at Master in his eyes. Her lips were put straight in a line. Master sighed, shaking his head.

"I don't know, child. He's changed. I don't know if this happened was my fault or his. But to think about it again, I was the one hadn't been there for him. I know he's hurting but I didn't expect him to change this bad. After you left, he was devastated. And the thing happened with Ivan, it triggered him to change. I don't know what to do, Rae." He spoke grimly, guilt hit him hard.

Rae who was listening to every word he said only kept her mouth shut. Laxus. Glancing at her right with her hair covered her face, she saw a picture of Master and his grandson sitting on his shoulder. The big grin on his face stabbed Rae in heart repeatedly. "Where is he now?"

"He went on a job with his team." Rae nodded, unable to speak more. She stood up and bowed slightly to him. She excused from him and walked out from the intense situation. The Dark Enchantress closed the door behind her with a sigh. She touched the necklace on her chest, breathing in. I gotta help him. He's my friend. Having a determine look on her face, she gripped the necklace tightly.