112

"Any progression?"

Asking Lahar a question, the brown haired girl crossed her arms and stared ahead at the island while listening to Natsu whining about his motion sickness as they were on the Magic Council Boat. Apparently, they had picked up a life form on the island, identity unknown, didn't even know if it's human or animal. The reading was inconclusive.

He told her to stay behind with him in the boat after they docked while the rest could go ahead. Rae shook her head and insisted on going with her friends as well. If anything happened on the island, she will send up a signal flare. Lahar nodded and Rae decided to teleport everyone.

There was a path on a new island, maybe there were people used to live there before. Then, it sunk at some point. "And for some reason, suddenly it popped up again. There may be something in those ruins." The ice mage exclaimed while his eyes lingered on the ruins on the hill.

They split up to investigate the perimeter and they will regroup at the ruins. Rae had gone with Sting, Rogue and their exceeds. The girl smiled at Lector when the exceed had pushed the leaves out of her way. He's acting like a gentleman and Sting could feel steams coming out of his ears.

That cat! How dare he flirt with Rae-chan!?

Rogue only looked at his friend with a sigh and looked around. It's just an ordinary forest and Frosch agreed with him. Then, his eyes caught something. Rae followed the exceed and found some seashells on a rock. The girl furrowed her eyebrow, recognizing it from the one on the back of a slate at Lamia Scale. Why was there a seashell in the middle of a forest?

"Everyone! Look what I found! Fish! And it looks delicious!"

"Frosch thinks so too!"

Sting and Rogue quickly stopped the cats from eating fish on the ground, saying they will get stomachaches. Then, they heard a loud rumbling sound near the ruins. Sting unconsciously pulled Rae by her hand and ran. She could see there was a sea serpent and it was huge. A demon of the sea. Sting heard about them a long time ago.

It attacked them. Rae jumped high and dodged it with ease and it was chasing her sister and daughter. The wizard saint screamed at them to run and sent up a signal flare. Haruka yelped as her foot was caught on roots. The young girl fell and Lucy quickly helped her up. The aunt pulled her hand and went inside the ruins with Natsu to hide.

Rae tried to calm down, reminding that Natsu and Bella were in there with them. They won't let Haruka and Lucy got hurt. The Magic Council shot the sea serpent with cannons and Rae heard some kind of heartbeats on the island. The sea serpent was crushing the ruins and they needed to act fast before it could kill them.

Rae shared a nod with Erza and jumped over the brick. She told Wendy and the exceeds to step back as she threw her head back and breathed out mists. The sea serpent growled and radiated some dark aura from its body. Wendy and Carla then suddenly collapsed. Doranbolt appeared and Rae told him to take the girls to the boat.

The sea serpent slammed its tail on the Twin Dragon Slayers and Rae grabbed it barehanded. She narrowed her eyes and cut it with her claws. The sea serpent hissed and released the same aura once again. Erza dropped her sword and Gray slumped on the ground. Everyone was weakening.

Rae sniffed the air and recognized it as poison. She thanked the ability of her body to resist the poison and told everyone to step back as they were weak to fight. Rae opened her mouth and sucked the poison then her body was glowing in yellow light.

Then, she coughed harshly. Rae covered her mouth and widened her eyes when she looked at her palm. There was blood. Her body was reacting to the poison and it was strange. She could feel her head was spinning. Her hands clenched together and the sea serpent was raging unusually for some reason.