140

"Mama, look at that!"

Blaire followed Larcade's tiny finger and saw him pointing at flower sculpture in the center of a big fountain. It's a huge rose and he told her that, Zeref had ordered the experts to build it for her. The blonde girl felt her heart fluttered and walked to the fountain with him in her arms.

"Tch." Irene scoffed and Blaire made a face at her manner. Zeref had demanded her to go with them even after Blaire declined it, saying she could protect herself and Larcade just right. She was confused about the scarlet haired woman. Irene was so cold towards her and Blaire didn't have any idea why.

Shaking her head to ignore the scarlet haired lady, Blaire noticed that Larcade had been staring for a while at the moment. She saw him looking at kids running around while laughing with each other. Then, she remembered the incident happened in Hargeon. Larcade didn't have any friend and her heart broke.

"Hey, remember my magic?" Blaire asked her son and Larcade tilted his head cutely, nodded nevertheless. She put him down and put her fingers in her lips, whistling loudly to gain everyone's attention. That's when the townspeople recognized who she was. She was the Queen. The wife to the Emperor.

Blaire put her right leg on the fountain and raised another leg to stand on it. The crowd began to encircle her and Larcade bounced on his feet excitedly to see what was his mother going to do. Blaire moved her hand to stop the water and called her little fellas. Irene just crossed her arms and leaned against a wall, rolling her eyes.

Then, people were gasping when a flock of birds flew together right before their eyes. The creatures flew through the crowd and some of them even played around with the kids. Larcade jumped on his small feet as high as he can to catch the birds. Blaire smiled seeing giggles upon his face and used her magic to move the flowers and trees.

"Mama, look at me!" Larcade called out to her and Blaire waved her hand at him, feeling joy in her heart as the townspeople were enjoying themselves, playing with birds and trees. Not long after that, wolves and other animals came to join them. A small white husky wolf ran to her and Blaire picked it up, nuzzling her face to its fur.

"Woah, she's your mama?"

"Yes! Papa married her yesterday!"

"That's so cool! Your mom is so beautiful!"

"Hey, let's be friends!"

Seeing Larcade was invited by those kids to play together just eased her heart. Looked like her plan succeeded. Still holding the small wolf in her arms, Blaire took a sit and glanced at Irene who held no emotions on her face, with a sigh. "So that's your magic?" Her head snapped to the scarlet haired girl and nodded a little.

Irene clicked her tongue and smoothed out her hair. "Weakling." She ignored the small growl from the wolf and Blaire patted its head to calm it down. The blonde girl decided to ignore her as she didn't have to please her. Irene wasn't someone who's important to her. As long as Zeref and Larcade were happy, she would be fine.

Blaire made a cute face to the small wolf and it tilted its head, producing an adorable sound causing her to squeal like a little girl. She met lots of people and they were in love with her instantly. That girl was kind and generous, a perfect option to be the Queen.

The townspeople knew how strict the Emperor was and they were glad to have such a great queen like her. Thankfully, the royal guards weren't there, if not, she wouldn't get the chance to bond with people who lived there. She even received welcomed gifts from the townspeople despite her telling them it's fine.

As she was busy talking to them, her ears caught a whoosh sound. Blaire swiftly turned around and saw a knife was thrown at Larcade who was unaware of the situation. "Get down!" Her boots moved and her hand reached out for his son. Larcade raised his head and closed his eyes in fright, his body was trembling.