065

"Putting in a request for the guild to investigate the memento? Never heard of a wizard asking a wizard for a help. This might work. Good idea, Lucy!" Rae King smiled at her sister who was grinning sheepishly as Master gave them his permission.

Originally, it was Michelle who suggested it. Said, she wanted to do something to help Rae and Lucy understood what Jude Heartfilia wanted to say. Haruka stared at the key with a curiosity. She picked it up and observed the thing in her hand, feeling familiar with it.

Then, the bright pink haired girl let out a yelp when her foot tripped over a small pebble. Rae snapped her head to her left and widened her eyes when she saw the key spun around and floated. "Haruka!" She quickly ran to her daughter and helped her up.

The Dark Enchantress pushed her daughter behind her, looking at the scene ahead. What in the world? Ancient letters suddenly appeared on the huge key and a gasp escaped from Lucy's mouth. They needed to get Levy but she's off far away with her team on a job.

It's trying to tell them something. There's no one there who could read the letters and Master advised both Rae and Lucy not to get involved with that. "What do you mean?"

Rae bit her lower lip and glanced at her sister who was deep in thought. She knew her sister would get involved with that memento no matter what. "Got anything?" The brown haired girl leaned closer to Lucy. The celestial spirit mage shook her head and groaned loudly.

Rae put her hand on the shoulder and assured Lucy that everything will be fine. They will discover the truth behind the key eventually. Lucy smiled at her sister and looked at Haruka who was searching for those ancient letters as well.

"Rae, Lucy, we've got work. We're going off to capture some gold-stealing bandits."

Lucy looked at the ice mage and gave him an apologetic smile as she needed to take a pass this time. She hadn't gotten any farther with deciphering the writing that appeared on the iron rod. Gray looked at Haruka for a word but she gently told him that she wanted to stay with Lucy.

"Wait, does that mean just you and me, Rae?" Gray yelped and looked at the brown haired girl. Rae lifted her eyebrow and asked him where were Erza and Natsu. The ice mage shrugged and told her that he had no idea.

"Then, I guess it's just you and me." Rae smiled and told Bella to stay there with Haruka in case something happened. Bella nodded her head. If everything went smoothly, they should be back by this evening. But still, it was awkward for Gray to get alone with Rae on a job.

The tug feeling in his heart when he saw her face really was a problem to him. Rae kissed her daughter on her forehead and ruffled her hair, telling her to stay with Lucy. Rae got up and asked Gray for the request paper. The place was quite far from the guild but they should be fine.

Gray walked behind her and put his hands in pockets, staring at her back. Rae could feel his gaze and she didn't understand why did he keep quiet all the way.

"It has been a long time since we spent time together, isn't it, Gray? We always did go on a job together back then." She smiled to herself and looked up at the starry sky. Gray looked down on his feet and let out sigh.

I should tell her.

"I love you."

The brown haired girl stopped on her tracks and gasped. She closed her eyes and smiled bitterly. Gray clenched his fists when the girl decided to ignore him. He lifted his head and glared at her back.

"I love you, Rae! I love you so much. I know you feel it too. Don't deny it."

Rae shook her head and told him that she didn't understand what he was talking about. She felt Gray was walking closer and the girl immediately dodged him. The ice mage stared at her in disbelief and he was hurt. The Dark Enchantress chuckled and shook her head.