148

"Over a hundred years ago, a little before Fairy Tail was founded, in a forest west of Magnolia, the two of them happened to cross paths. She was my friend. He suffered from the curse of Ankhseram, a curse that would take the libes of others against his will. And she was born with two magic, Life and Death Magic. She was beautiful, kind and warm like a fairy. We grew up together and she treated me like an older sister would."

Master Mavis continued. "That's why she found him mesmerizing. She knew how he felt. She asked him to teach us all kinds of magic. At that time, Magnolia was ruled by a dark guild. So, I along with her and other friends, learned magic to free the city. And then, amid the fighting, I cast an unperfected black magic spell that brought us victory even though she told me not to."

But it came at a price, the spell caused her body to stop growing. In the fourth month of X686, they founded Fairy Tail. Her friend fell in love with him but there's something holding her back. She was engaged to another. Master Mavis watched her trying to mask her sadness to not make her worried.

The girl busied herself in helping Master Mavis with wars. Later a year after that, she was married to her fiance, Emperor Spriggan. Everyone looked at each other with gasps. Lucy widened her eyes, never in the world, she thought the most powerful dark mage would fall in love with such kind person.

The First Master nodded. "Yes, she was married to Zeref. He hid his own identity to protect her. I was happy for her to know that she finally got the chance to be with the one she loved. Their life was perfect. He told her the truth behind their love story. She was the girl who's in the Prophecy of Black Enchantress."

It was about a girl who was born to be the tie between good and evil. Because of two different magic existed in her body, her heart was weak and Zeref saved her by reducing the Death Magic. However, there was a boundary because of that. Once her Death Magic was reduced, she would lose her life if she ever used her Death Magic to kill people.

"She was the only one who wasn't affected by his curse. X690, she was about to give a birth to a son and I was on my way to visit her in Crocus. But, there was fire everywhere. Everything was a disaster. I searched for her and found her and him being surrounded by the townspeople. She was holding her baby. They were attacking them."

Haruka gasped loudly and couldn't help but felt sorry for them as Master Mavis told them that Zeref wasn't attacking them. That girl didn't allow him because the townspeople were good to her once. He followed her words yet, they still attacked them. And a woman took their son away from them.

"She wasn't able to do anything because she's in a weak state. Zeref wanted to kill them but she kept telling him no. She begged them to give her son back but they ignored her, calling them monsters. They were aware of who he was. That's when a man shot Zeref on the chest. The girl grew anger and accidentally killed all of the townspeople with Death Magic."

Unexpectedly, a tear rolled down on Rae's cheek. The blonde girl touched the drop and looked at her finger with a disturbed heart. He heart was aching. She didn't know why but she was affected by the story and she shouldn't be because Zeref was not a good person. Rae quickly wiped her tears and ignored the screams in her head.

"She took her own life accidentally. And she died in his arms. I found him holding her lifeless body and that's when I hated him for not protecting her. He promised in his wedding vow to protect her and he failed. He kept apologizing to me but I treated him bad. He told me about my decision to use Law had brought Ankhseram's curse upon me."

And the only reason why it did not activate yet was because Master Mavis didn't value the lives of others due to her participation in the Trade War but once she became aware of the preciousness, the curse will activate. That made her hated him more. And Master Mavis blamed herself on her friend's death for allowing her married to him.