147

There were times she felt like the world was slowly disappearing in front of her. Or maybe it was just her who was fading away. Those moments, it didn't matter anyway. Because her empty burning lungs and her heart hitting her chest so hard she thought that it will break her ribs and rip apart her skin were the only one thing Rae could think about when she stepped her foot inside the empire.

And the void.

The black hole in her head, deep inside her soul, slowly swallowing all her hopes and dreams. That was the worst of those moments. The realization of the nothingness, the darkness, the absurd of her existence. Those things kept her insane as she was seeing images in her head when she touched the castle ahead.

It made her wondered. What's happening to me? Why am I having these images? Who am I? It got her distracted. She was supposed to teleport to the castle, to save Master Makarov but as soon as she reached there, her head was pounding. Thousand of images suddenly appeared in her head.

A voice of a man spoke to her mind.

"Deep breath, Rae. You just have to teleport there. Calm down." The blonde girl muttered to herself softly as she held her head. Mest had told her where Master was and he was the one who's supposed to save him but she didn't allow him since he's still in bad condition. Thus, she took the job and left everyone else in a forest.

She could hear Master's voice up there and he's talking to someone else. Rae shook her head frantically and summoned her wings, flying up there. By the time she was there, Master was trying to attack the other person. Rae didn't see who was it, all she saw was someone's back. The black haired guy raised his hand and held Master in place with his magic.

Before he could deliver the final blow, Rae warped in, grabbed Master Makarov and she did something she shouldn't do. She looked at the man. The same black haired guy that she knew him as Zeref. Rae widened her eyes and he smiled at her. It all happened in slow motion. His eyes were staring directly at her and her heart suddenly felt warm.

"Welcome home." He told her before she teleported away back to the forest where Team Natsu awaited.

"Gramps!"

"Master!"

The blonde girl crashed onto the ground and breathed heavily. Luckily, Master Makarov was fine. "Child, are you alright?" Her heart twisted and sunk with nerves as she slumped on the ground. The sounds of everyone's voice enveloped her coldly, as she shook. Her breaths came in sharp pants and she tried to gain control but nothing was working.

It hurt. It hurts.

"Mama!"

"Rae, what's happening to you? Hey, calm down." Cold hands touched her shoulders and Gray appeared in her sight. She tried to breath calmly but every time she closed her eyes, those horrific, horrible and piercing screams were there. Blood. She was seeing blood in her head. Then, she felt a sudden cold sensation on her hands.

Slowly, the panic flowed away and yet, she was still trembling. Her eyes closed and aimed towards her clasped hands, slowly opened. Trepidation swelled through her as she carefully raised her bloodshot eyes to meet Gray's. The ice mage breathed in relief as she was finally calmed down.

He wrapped his arms around her and Rae rested her head on his shoulder for a while. "You're alright. Thank goodness. You scared us, Rae." She leaned on him and he chilled her with his magic as her body was burning up.

"Zeref-Zeref was there." Rae told them softly as she lifted her head.

Natsu widened his eyes and clenched his fists. "Zeref is here?" His rage towards the black mage was burning especially after seeing Rae in pain just now. He wanted to kill him. Master Makarov nodded. Zeref was Emperor Spriggan. Master lamented the pointlessness of trying to negotiate with the Emperor. Everyone was surprising and shocked to hear that.