084

"We are the halfway point in the Grand Magic Games. The beginning of the third day! I wonder what kind of passionate dramas we'll see today? Our guest today is Lahar-san, from the Magic Council." Rae furrowed her eyebrow as she took a look at the man.

Thank goodness, Jellal wasn't with her. She couldn't accept if he was captured again. Cana had taken his place and the girl was really hyped to participate the game. "I'm going to announce the competition for this third day of the Games! The name of the event is Pandemonium!"

Pandemonium was an abode of demons. Like a building where lots of demons lurked. There will be one participant from each guild. "Cana, would you do the honor?" The Dark Enchantress offered the girl a smirk. Cana nodded her head and Gajeel interrupted them, saying it's about time that he got to do something.

Laxus asked the wizard saint where was her boyfriend as Cana was a reserve member. "He has something to do. With the guest commentator being a member of the Council, I think Cana is the best choice." Gajeel just let out a huff and told them whatever.

Rae shook her head with a smile and patted Cana on her arm. She wished the girl all the best and her silver eyes landed on her red head friend. Millianna and Kagura want to kill Jellal. Rae clenched her fists at the thought as she remembered the early morning talking to Erza.

The red head told her about Millianna, her friend from the Tower of Heavens wanted to kill the blue haired man. She wanted to have a revenge. The brown haired girl just let out a sigh and gave Erza a supportive smile. "Cana, use that." The daughter of Gildarts gave Rae a smirk and a nod.

"I got it." The girl walked into the arena and a huge building appeared in front of her eyes. The pumpkin from before explained to them about the game.

"Pandemonium, a temple haunted by evil monsters! There are 100 monsters inside this temple. That being said, they're actually magical manifestations that we created, so everyone can relax. There's no danger of you being attacked." Rae stared at the building longingly. The monsters were D, C, B, A and S. Those were the five levels of battle power the monsters were divided into.

The pumpkin showed them a glimpse of D-class monsters. Juvia let out a shriek and held Rae's arm, whining about how scary they were.

"Please note that as the class of the monsters goes up, their fighting strength increases exponentially. The S-class monster is so strong that there's no guarantee even one of the 10 Great Wizard Saints can defeat it-kabo. In order, each of you will choose the number of monsters to battle. It's called your 'right to challenge'."

For example, if they chose three monsters, three of them will appear inside the temple. The person who chose them entered the temple alone. If the player successfully destroyed them, he or she got three points. The next player then had the right to challenge up to 97 of the remaining monsters.

And so on and so on, until there are zero monsters left? I see. Quite interesting, but I'm sure Erza has a way that more fun. Rae let out a chuckle as she read Erza's mind. Whether the player used their right to challenge one or five, the monsters appeared randomly. Meaning, S-class monster can randomly appear.

Let's see what happens with the two from our guild. Rae watched Erza and Cana fidgeting on their spots with a smirk. "Alright, let's decide on the order. Please draw your lots." The pumpkin handed them a box and Erza took it first.

She got number one while Cana got herself number eight. "With this competition, I thought winning or losing all depended on the luck of the draw. This isn't a game anymore." Rae crossed her arm and witnessed Erza standing in front of the temple with her head held up. Here we go.