016

Rae was currently sitting on a chair in front of a big mirror as her hair was braided by the maids. She was wearing a long red silk dress. "You're so beautiful, madame Blaire." One of the maid gushed at her as she fixed the dress. Rae bow down, saying thank you.

She told them to just call her Rae as she felt uneasy when they called her that. Jude Heartfilia had requested her to wear something appropriate for evening meals as he wanted to talk to her about the deal. I'm doing this for Lucy.

Rae clenched her hands on her lap, looking ahead at her figure in the mirror. I'm doing this for Lucy. Rae got up and thanked the maids for helping her dressed up. She walked to the dining hall and saw him already there. A butler pulled a chair for her and Rae nodded her head at him.

"A marriage with the Jurener family will allow the Heartfilia Railways to make solid strides to the south. This marriage will ensure our future fortune. And you must give birth to a boy. So he can become an heir to the Heartfilia estate. I've told the family that you were sent to study in another country and you're home now. Agree to this marriage and I won't disturb Lucy."

Jude smirked at her disturbed face as he sipped his coffee.

Rae looked down on her lap with mixed feelings in her mind. Do I really want to sacrifice my happiness for Lucy? Then, he threw her the necklace and an engagement ring. The brown haired girl stared at the ring in front of her. She bit her lower lip and picked the ring up.

She put on the ring on her finger and surprisingly, it fitted her just right. Rae clasped the necklace on around her neck and held it in her hand. Then, suddenly a loud crash sound was heard from outside and both of them turned around.

There, she saw Erza, Gray, Happy, Bella, Natsu and Lucy were standing at the door, breathing heavily. The girl stood up and stared at them in shock.

"Lucy! What are you guys doing here?"

Bella flew to her arms and hugged her. "Rae! Why did you leave us?" The little bat asked her as Rae could feel the wetness on her chest. Jude looked at his youngest daughter, crossing his arms.

"So, you have finally returned, Lucy." The blonde haired girl just stared at her father with a glare. Then, she looked at Rae, asking her what was she doing. Gray watched Jude Heartfilia held Rae by her shoulders roughly as he told them Rae had agreed to do things that his daughter should do.

He gritted his teeth, seeing Jude gripped her shoulders. Natsu who was staring at the brown haired girl finally set his eyes on her hand. He had a shocked look on his face as he stepped forward.

Rae averted her eyes on him then glanced at somewhere else, didn't have any strength to look at her friends. "Rae, there is a ring on your finger?" Natsu cracked, feeling hopeless suddenly. Lucy and Bella let out gasps, looking at her right hand. Rae ignored them as she couldn't find words to express.

"She's going to marry the man I had chosen and be the next heir to the Heartfilia estate." Gasps were let out by them loudly. Rae looked down on the floor. Lucy stepped forward and asked her if it's true. Rae just tightened her grip on Bella. The bat looked up at her and caressed her cheek.

Rae turned her head away.

"I couldn't believe you, father. Forcing her to do something for your sick greedy self after she just found out about being your daughter!" Lucy screamed at her father, gritting her teeth as tears rolled down. Then, she looked at Rae who had been silenced since the moment they stepped in.

"Onee-san! How could you? How could you follow this man blindly? Where is the strong Rae I once knew? Where is she?" Erza put her hand on Lucy's shoulder, trying to calm her down.