103

"Onee-san!"

Giving a monster one last blow, Rae snapped her head to the right since she heard Lucy screaming for her. The brown haired girl hurried to her and killed the monster before it could do anything to Lucy.

Rae crouched down and cradled her face in her hands, asking her if she's alright. Lucy nodded her head vigorously, shivering slightly as she felt disgusted with the monster. The fur on its body grossed her.

They were currently in the Boundary Forest and it's true, there were many dangerous monsters there. They walked further in the forest and passed a monster deterrent barrier however, it's quite worn out. Soon, they reached at a destroyed house, the remains of Kalard's house.

It's more like ruins. Rae looked around and found a secret passage. She motioned her hand at them and Bella flew to her. The brown haired girl followed the path and discovered an underground workshop. She brushed her hand on the table and put her lips in a straight line.

It had been a long time since humans resided there. She heard gasps from others and turned around, watching a globe suddenly glowed. A holographic image appeared. It was an old man. Rae leaned against a table and listened to the message.

"Eclair, if you're seeing this, then it means it's true. People looking for you came here and survivors of Fire Village told me what happened as well. I am happy that you have survived."

Rae could guess the old man was Kalard and she wondered who was he to Eclair. Then, it was revealed. Kalard was her father and Fire Village needed her as a priestess. He had the task of Dispelling the Phoenix Stones and he had completed it.

The Dark Enchantress stared at the back of Eclair's head blankly as Haruka hugged her side when they discovered Kalard was dead. Eclair reached out her hand to touch the image and it broke. The globe had broken.

The last memento of her father was destroyed. Tears streamed down her face and Eclair shoved Lucy aside, running away from there. The blonde girl was about to stop her but Rae shook her head. Rae told her sister to give Eclair time to calm down. Lucy bit her lip and slowly nodded.

The Dark Enchantress looked around, trying to find any notes about the Dispel Magic but only find none. "Kalard spent his entire life trying to remove that spell and I can only imagine it is something ill-omened." Rae told the rest as she crossed her arms and watched Eclair dancing.

The tears beautifully trickled her face like crystals under the moonlight. Rae massaged her forehead, suddenly felt lightheaded as she stared at Lucy trying to comfort the girl. Ignoring the pain in her head, Rae approached them.

"I hope you will find wonderful friends. Those are lovely final words." The brown haired girl referred to Kalard's last words. Finally, she gave Eclair a warm smile and put a hand on her head. Eclair leaned closer to her warmth with tears pooled in her eyes as Rae caressed her softly.

She wrapped her arms around the wizard saint tightly, letting it all out in her neck. Rae said nothing and just held her close. After finally regaining herself, Eclair pulled away and looked at Fairy Tail members with a determination on her face. She would like to make a formal request of Fairy Tail.

She requested them to fulfill her father's last wish. Dispelled the Phoenix Stones. Lucy smiled at her and looked at her sister for opinions. The Dark Enchantress just gave her a nod and accidentally let out a wince. She held her head tightly and Gray quickly stood on his feet, asking her if she's alright.

"Rae!"

"It's nothing. It's just a small headache. I'll be fine."