151

Darkness is a strange substance, like water it has three states: solid, liquid and gas but with a twist. Since it is a sort of mystical material, it doesn't fall under the laws of science, only be able to change states by the user. In solid form, it's almost completely black aside from a very tiny shade of red at its centre.

Like a candle in the dark, when a non user touches it, it's like getting winded, if hit by a sharp point, it will penetrate and quickly infect. As liquid its thick, sticky and has a pungent smell of ink, it can act like quicksand or just plain coat to suffocate people. As a gas, it's quite strange, it is able to pass through solid material with ease, suffocate and eat away like acid.

As a whole, darkness is an odd thing.

I have seen darkness before, the kind that makes street like an old fashioned photograph, everything a shade of grey. This isn't like that. This is the darkness that robs me of my best sense and replaces it with a paralysing fear. In this darkness I sit, muscles cramped and unable to move.

I only know my eyes are still there because I can feel myself blink, still instinctively moisturizing the organs I have no current use for. I can't hear anything either. I guess that should bring my heart rate down below. By my genes, I am the predator, I have the front facing eyes, brain enough to hunt, power enough to destroy but I feel like a prey in this utter black.

"Blaire Heartfilia. Remember who you are."

A voice breaks the silence and I couldn't move. A light then appears in front of me and there's a box. My legs drag me and my hand touches it. But still, darkness kisses up to my skin and whispers nothing in my ears. As my fingers touch it, it opens and many images fly around. I could see it. I could see everything.

My family. Shu and Hana Heartfilia. Hisashi.

Tenroujima Island. Mavis. Zera.

Yuri, Warrod, Precht.

The black magic wizard.

The Emperor Spriggan

Magnolia.

My wedding.

Zeref. Larcade.

My baby.

My death.

My revival.

What's happening? Why am I seeing this? I am Rae King!

"No, you're not. You are Blaire Heartfilia. The girl in the Prophecy of Black Enchantress. The Queen of Alvarez Empire. Remember who you truly are."

I am a character and this is my story but, who I really am? 

I am Blaire Dragneel.

"My love."

The Queen opened her eyes and she had the most wonderful eyes in his eyes. Her eyes were silver not a dull, unremarkable silver like that inside of diamond. It was like a hatch had opened in her eyes and the color had fallen out, leaving those orbs to look like the dazzling and breathtaking snow.

"Rae?" A light blonde haired girl slowly called out for her friend but she was struck by her coldness like a stab of ice. Every detail in her irises were so clear, so concise. Master Mavis's hands were trembling as she looked at Zeref in disbelief. She couldn't believe that, their enemy was right under their nose.

Rae King was the Unknown. She was Blaire Heartfilia. She was her friend. Mavis understood it now. That's why Zeref wiped her memories. She thought that Rae was the descendant of Blaire, never in the world she assumed that she was the real Blaire. Tears escaped her eyes as she took a look of her friend. She missed her so much.