118

Upon seeing the blonde girl lost in her thoughts, Erza turned her head to Mirajane who was having a same expression on her face as hers. Mirajane rubbed her arm, shifting on her feet, thinking whether she should talk to the girl about it. "Rae, Jellal and you are their targets too. Are you sure you're okay with guarding the former Chairman instead?"

Erza glanced at the wizard saint with a small smile. "We can handle this ourselves."

The Dark Enchantress shook her head and turned around, thanking them for their concern but not even her knew where Jellal was. Rae let out a chuckle and looked down on the ground. "Besides, he doesn't need me to protect him. He won't leave me. I just know it. It's more important to protect the former chairman." Jellal, I hope you are alright.

Mirajane nodded. She's right. The fate of the entire magic world was going to be on the line. The girls continued their little trip and arrived. As Erza was about to knock the door, somebody had already opened it and Rae narrowed her eyes in suspicious.

Crawford Seam, the former chairman seemed to be surprised to see the guests and welcomed them. The girls took a sit and he went to make them drinks. The blonde girl looked around, feeling a little bit off by his appearance. After a few moments, he served them tea and Rae lifted the cup slowly.

But then, she put it down when Erza decided to cut the chase and explained to him what's happening as Crawford asked them on how did they get his address. Mirajane apologized for intruding his privacy as it was very important.

"You came about Face, didn't you? My heart aches about the sad news regarding my former colleagues. Fortunately, your friend, Rae-san is save and unharmed." He stopped and looked at the blonde girl with a certain vibe in his eyes making Rae felt uncomfortable. "With the Council currently not functioning, I'm touched that a guild with a strong sense of justice like yours is making a stand."

Rae leaned back against her chair and tapped her fingers on the table, her silver eyes watching the old man suspiciously. "In order to stop Tartaros, we want to destroy Face. I would appreciate if you tell us where it's being stored." Crawford gulped at her aura and sweated. Not even he knew about that.

"Then how did they get information that even you don't have?"

Crawford sighed. "That is a mystery." Mirajane then asked him if he could tell them who were the three former Council members who were protecting Face with Living Link Magic. They'll do everything in their power to protect them. Crawford shook his head again. He didn't have access to that information either. Face was scrapped.

It's a forbidden weapon whose very existence couldn't be made public.

Even the Council members who served as the sealing keys, were unaware of their own function. That maintained the ultimate method of concealment. Rae knitted her eyebrow and took a little sip of her tea, then placed the cup on the table. "They're here. There are 20 of them." The girl spoke calmly and Crawford eyed her in fright. Erza and Mirajane nodded at each other and told Crawford to hide.

Just then, intruders approached and destroyed the house. Rae just lifted her hand and detonated explosions. Mirajane changed to her Satan Soul and Erza slashed the rats with her sword easily. Though, they were surrounded by those goons but the girls were pumped out. Truthfully, they were like the Powerpuff girls. "Is this our first time battling side by side?" Erza swung her sword and smirked at Rae and Mirajane.

The wizard saint shrugged her shoulders and Mirajane just smiled at her enthusiasm. "Let's show them the power of Fairy Tail." Rae nodded her head at Mirajane's words and dashed forward. With a single attack from each girl, they succeeded in defeating the forces. The blonde girl walked to a guy and lifted his head, observing the surrounding thoroughly. Said, it's weird.