Part 13 Trip to New York City

April 3, 2023 12:00 P.M. Train Station, Auradon

Emmy's POV

Dad was taking me, Amber, and the boys to New York City!

'He's taking me to New York! He's taking me to New York!' I thought. He knew it was on my bucket list and he wants me to be a little warmer towards the VKs.

"They're in a totally different place now." He said. "They need a good friend, like you." He also took me because he wanted me, the boys, and Amber to bond.

April 3, 2023 4:00 P.M. Train Station, New York City

Emmy's POV

We stepped off the train. I ran ahead and just then a billboard for a concert fell was about to crash on top of me. I shielded myself with my magic, even though I knew it wouldn't be enough. Than I opened my eyes to see I was saved by a hero I knew as my personal hero, the reason why I wanted to come to New York with the hopes of meeting her! Ghost Spider, the spider hero of New York! Using her spider strength she lifted the board. She grunted in effort and threw it off 0f me. I got a photo of her warning a citizen to stay back because there was a chance of other dangers.

(Photo of Ghost Spider originally from Marvel Rising: Battle of the Bands)

(Photo of Ghost Spider originally from Marvel Rising: Battle of the Bands). I was speechless in the presence of greatness. I told dad using telepathy who just saved my life.

"Thank you for saving my daughter, Ghost Spider." He said naturally.

"Stay in school kid!" GS (Ghost Spider) said. She messed up my hair a little.

"Thank you!" I barely muttered to say. My father went ahead. Then I felt something tickling my neck. I reached back and I was bitten by something.

"Ah!"

April 3, 2023 8:00 P.M. the Hotel, New York City

Emmy's POV

We arrived at the hotel after a tour. I went up on the roof to look at the stars. They were covered by a smog. I cleared the smog with a clap of my hands and a little singing. I never got tired of looking up there.

"EMMY, I HOPE YOUR NOT USING MAGIC! YOU KNOW THE RULES!" Dad called. I moved my hands and mouth to say blah blah blah as he spoke. I rolled my eyes and groaned.

"I know Dad! I'm not!" I called. That rule was because Dad thought I would get captured by evil. As well as for what happened that day, that was an emergency. I went downstairs and next thing I knew I had spider powers! I was up on the ceiling and wasn't able to come down. I was just walking and the next thing I knew I was on the ceiling.

"Woah!" You could say I was in a sticky situation. Spiders love puns. I sang and when I thought of the pun I laughed crashed hit the floor.

'Ow! I'm going to feel that in the morning. And also right now!' I thought rubbing my head. I could've sworn my thoughts were A LOT louder than usual. I was just so confused. Next thing I knew, I was running away.

April 3, 2023 8:00 P.M. Old Abandoned Graffiti Site, New York City

Emmy's POV

I was nearly hit with an apple cord and jumped over it. Cat rummaging through a trash bag. I smelled something and ran towards it. I ran into Ghost Spider again, having a fight with Egghead. She looked beat so I teleported over shot a taser web.

"Ok. That. Was... AWESOME!" I said. I started laughing. I called the police to come and pick up Egghead to and got her away from the scene.

"Are the girl from the station?" She asked me. I nodded. "Who are you?"

"Emmy." I told her.

"Well, Emmy," she began. "your like me now. And you got serious potential. I could tell when I first saw you." She collapsed in exhaustion. I got her to a her a hospital.

April 3, 2023 9:30 P.M. Hospital, NewYork City

Emmy's POV

She requested to see me.

"Want to train to be my partner?" She asked. I was speechless. "Well there are somethings you have to understand. This isn't for the faintest of hearts."

"Are you kidding? Dose an ogre like cheese puffs?" I asked. She looked puzzled by this for a moment. "Oh, that's a yes. It's the most yes. It was how my mother said yes. At least according to my dad. Of corse. I'll train to be your partner."

"What do you mean by how your mother said yes and at least according to your dad?" She asked. I told her my story.

"You poor little girl. I'm sorry you had to go through all that pain. I now how losing a parent feels. My mom died a long time ago." She said. I nodded, indicating that I was sorry for her. We got to be great friends in our short time together. We hugged.