Part 25 Running Away to HYDRA

January 15, 2025 5:00 A.M. My Room, Auradon

Emmy's POV

That night I decided to get Duchess, Claudia, my weapons, and runaway from Amber and my dad. Amber says I went "soft."

Flashback

We performed the opening number. There were record producers in the stands. I was never so nervous. So far. (Music video at dailymotion.com). Whoever wins the most contests you win Cast Member of the year.  I had already won the crown the last few years.

Amber had me sing this really mean song about Lacey, the same song she sang about Tracey

Amber had me sing this really mean song about Lacey, the same song she sang about Tracey. I was wearing this under that:

When it came time to vote I told everyone that the crown of Little Ms

When it came time to vote I told everyone that the crown of Little Ms. Hairspray belongs to Lace in my speech. In front of the millions of people watching. I walked over Corney. 

"Can I?" I asked. He gestured saying I could use the microphone. "Thanks, Corney."

"Wow, to start, what an honor it is to be on this stage. Before I begin, I just wanted to say thank you, but, I'm sorry. I can't go on to the judging. Not like this. I don't deserve to win." They gasped. "It's true. I've let Amber keep me from being a good person. Very little of the stupidity is because of the fact that Amber isn't even my real mother." Everyone in the crowd gasped.

"I got a little off track. My point is I've been a major jerk, if there's any way I can make it up to you Lace, please please let me know. Before the winner is announced I just wanted to say to Lace and her family, I'm really sorry. I've been a extremely terrible person and a real, major jerk. I let a silly little feud, Amber's manipulation, and my pride blind me. If I win, I officially decline and cease the yet-to-be determined victory to it's rightful recipient. I don't want to win like this." I went to stand by Lace.

"That was very big of you. And very brave. I knew that there was a good person deep, deep down inside." Lace said.

"I am so sorry about my awful behavior towards your mother and you at the 1968 class reunion and calling you 'Thunder Thighs' and hitting you on the head with the dodge ball. And Ambers behavior." I said.

"Thank you. I knew you were sorry, but it feels good to hear it out loud." She said. We hugged.

"I'm not done." I said. I whispered in her ear what I was thinking. She nodded.

"That's a brilliant idea Emerald." She said.

"Call me Emmy." I said. She nodded. We started singing Bless Myself!

At the end I gave my own twist. I put two fingers on my neck.

"I-i-i-i qu-iit! I quit!" I sang. And I gave the finger with my left hand.

Flashback

Amber was furious. So furious, she slapped me. Again. I ended up being pushed onto the table this time. Instead of going to the stables I went to my room and got everything I owned that wasn't furniture. And I got Claudia and Duchess. When I had just finished getting dressed into my battle armor and put my weapon in it's place behind my hood, I rode off. I galloped and galloped and didn't stop until I got to my destination.

January 16 6:00 A.M. HYDRA Base, 600 Miles From Auradon

Emmy's POV

I got to HYDRA when I knew Ruby would be done with her After training conversation with Werner. I couldn't hold in my excitement. I walked up from behind.

"Surprise!" I said with my hands covering her eyes. I removed my hands.

"Emmy!" She exclaimed. She embraced me."Oh my Gods! I've missed you so. So, you're dad finally let you stay home permanently." I looked at her with a very mischievous look in my eyes.

"Well, not exactly." I said.

"You went a-wall, what are you, crazy?" She asked.

"Yes I am." I said.

"What were you thinking?" She asked.

"I was thinking I can't stand it there another second with that tyrant of a stepmother, Amb-" I started. Before I could say another word, my dad called me.
"Hello?"

"I've had it with your disobeying and irresponsible behavior. You and your friends are going to spend the next year at obedience school. Ruby's behavior is really rubbing off on you. I'm picking you up tomorrow." He told me. It was just because I ran away. I protested.

"I understand why I'm going, but what have Ruby and Rorie done to deserve to go to obedience school?" I asked.

"Their parents think that it would be good for them. Also... they think your unacceptable behavior is rubbing off on them." Dad said. I protested against it.

"I repeat, what have Ruby and Rorie done?" I asked. It was no use. My efforts were futile (in vain). In fact, I was just giving him more reasons to send me by protesting. So I wasn't helping my case in the slightest bit.

"Emmy, my decision is final." He said.

"But, Dad-" I said. He hung up. I told Ruby. 'Well at least Jamie and Cara aren't going. Cara wouldn't survive a day, let alone a year.' I thought to myself. At least I got to spend the night with Ruby.