Part 20 Ruby, Hypnotized

June 19, 2023 8:00 A.M. HYDRA Base, 600 Miles From Auradon

Emmy's POV

I couldn't have been more happy there. I had the freedoms I needed. The freedom to go anywhere in the facility without being watched. There was only one problem. Ruby had been spending a lot of time with Von Strucker back then. I knew that he was her boyfriend, but she didn't have to basically spending every breathing second of everyday with him. Well of course except the time she was with me. She keeps telling me she is working on a project "destiny" had assigned to her, but I knew she was trying to impress her mom. We would all find out later what Ruby had in mind was a HUGE, HUGE mistake. Then, the last time I saw here was at breakfast.

"I know this seems unfair, but I do what-" She said.

"What I must to build a better world for the downtrodden citizens." I said.

"For you, Emmy. I'm doing this all for you." She said. I got up with my tray.

"You don't need whatever you're doing to be noticed by your mother. For what it's worth, the people that know you already know how awesome you are. Just be yourself, and your truly extraordinary." I told her and then I left. The next time I saw Ruby she wasn't quite herself.

June 20, 2023 8:20 A.M. HYDRA Base Gym, 600 Miles From Auradon

Emmy's POV

I was training on my own that day.

"Morning Ruby!" I said. She even tried to attack me after I spoke to her. Of course I didn't fight back, it's Ruby. I couldn't just attack and hurt my best friend. I was seriously hurt. In more ways than one. I soon realized she was hypnotized.

'There's only one person we know who can hypnotize someone with more than a half a brain.'

June 20, 2023 8:30 A.M. HYDRA base Werner's Room, 600 Miles From Auradon

Emmy's POV

"Werner!" I called. "What did you do? And don't you dare say you hypnotized her because I already figured that out. It's the how I don't get! Ruby doesn't have half a brain!" That's true, Ruby's quite smart. He explained the whole process to me.

"A melt from the inside should cure her." He said.

"I think I know what to do." I said.

June 20, 2023 8:35 A.M. Enchanted Forest, 599 Miles From Auradon

Emmy's POV

I went to go find her, but she ran away from HYDRA. When I found her I just started walking towards her. She threw one of her chakrams at me and it cut my eye. Still have the scar. It's on my left eye. I flinched, but I just kept walking and singing Fight Song. When I got to her I hugged her while singing.

"No, I still got a lot of fight left in me." I sang. When I sang that part, finally, she hugged me back. When we stopped I was so happy I cried.

"I like that cut. It makes you look tough." She said.

"Ouch!" I said.

"You know I meant tougher." She said punching my arm. I shook my head and laughed with tears of pure joy in my eyes. We continued to hug. I fainted out of exhaustion. "What have I done?"

"It wasn't your fault." I said. "And besides, I'm perfectly fine. It's just a little blood loss. A little blood loss never hurt... anyone." I got light headed as I said anyone. I fainted again out of blood loss this him.