Part 18 Ruby Hale

For all of you who watched Ruby's episodes on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, about a year after her mother died, the Confederacy revived her, Werner Von Strucker, and her mother.

I wanted to let you know how I saw her. She wasn't just some... some... some unstoppable force that needed handling. This is how I see Ruby Hale.

December 18, 2023 12:00 P.M. Dad's Cottage Stable fields, Auradon

Emmy's POV

I was walking to see Flicka and I saw Amber let her out.

"Amber!" I cried. I quickly grabbed Eclipse, a lead rope, and rode off into the woods.

"Emmy! Come back!" I heard my dad call after me. My friends understood why I left and explained what I was doing to my dad. Must've seen the empty pasture.

December 24, 2023 12:00 A.M. Enchanted Forest, Auradon

Emmy's POV

My search had been going on for the past 6 days, and could have gone better. I was cold, bruised, scratched, thirsty, and hungry. I tried whistling.

"Flicky!" I tried calling. I whistled. "Flicka!" I whistled again. I had tried everything I could think of doing. I heard her whinny and it called to me.

"Flicky, I'm coming." I clicked my tongue and urged Eclipse into a canter. I found her by the Enchanted lake. And then I was ambushed and captured. I curled up and screamed out after being caught in a net. After that, it's extremely blurry.

December 24, 2023 11:58 P.M. HYDRA Base, 600 Miles From Auradon

Ruby Hale's POV

Hale. Ruby Hale. At the time I was 23 years old and was second in command of HYDRA (after my mother, General Hale). I was in the middle of my daily after training conversation with Werner Von Strucker, my boyfriend (Here is a picture of him).

We were talking about our secret project, when my mother called me into a old room I thought at the time wasn't in use

We were talking about our secret project, when my mother called me into a old room I thought at the time wasn't in use. I heard screaming. I ran towards it. I realized that the Sleeper Mechs, HYDRA's robots came back with a little girl. Looked very, physically hurt. And emotionally. Probably 4 at the very most by the look of it. I wondered why my mother wanted her and why the robots took her here. She looked terrified, yet somehow strong and persistent. I looked at my mother with a look of disgust and disappointment. I took one more long look at her. She transformed from a girl to a purple dog, barking with terror, but still madly. Like she was telling us to back off and to let her go.

'I got my answer.' I thought to myself. 'That's probably why she wanted her.' When my mother left I got a little closer to her, crouched low, and held my hand out to her, I have no idea why. She skittishly backed away. She was shaking. She did look pretty cold. It was raining that day. I kissed the air to get her close, well, she did get close. Er. I grabbed my coat and placed it on the floor in front of her. She looked at me funny and I gestured as a way to explain what I was doing. She wrapped it around herself. She seemed lost and emotionally hurt somehow. The girl kind of reminded me of me when I was that age. I felt something I never felt before. I felt something called sympathy for the little, scared girl. I couldn't help it. It was hard not to. Something about her reached out to the deepest part of my blocked off heart.