Part 49 The HYDRA Tornament Retreat

October 22, 2036 8:00 A.M. HYDRA Base, 600 Miles From Auradon

Emmy's POV

"I got Beauty and Duchess!" I shouted out to Ruby.

"Chakrams, swords, bows, and arrows?" She asked. I showed her the weapons.

"Check, check, check, and, check!" I said.

"Than let's get this show on the road!" She said. We got on the road. I had to get Jess to cover me with a "sleepover." I took out my locket to look at my favorite photo. It was Werner and Ruby standing on ether side of me.

"Ruby." I said.

"Yeah?" She said.

"I've been hoping we would get to do this together, just the 2 of us, just like we used to. Now it's here. I'm so happy!" I said shakily. Werner doesn't like violence anymore. Unless he has to. He only came my first time to put a ring on Ruby. She said Yes, of course. I was the made of honor. She took my hand.

"Me to Em. Me to." She said.

October 23, 2036 11:00 A.M. HYDRA Base Retreat, 6000 Miles From Auradon

Emmy's POV

"Let's get set up." Ruby said. I nodded. I was so happy I could have done a back flip right there and then. We set up in our usual spot. Same tent. Same everything.

"Whoo!" I said mopping sweat off my face. I got a drink. "That is much better." I said.

October 24, 2036 11:00 A.M. HYDRA Base Retreat, 6000 Miles From Auradon

Emmy's POV

The purpose of the competition depends on what event you're in. You have to take a physical exam on what you're era is. Meaning people need to observe how you work in certain areas versus others. For me its to find out whose the best at boxing and aerial combat (this year I'll be riding Beauty instead of a robot) while discovering whose the most skilled with their weapons. Plus this year I finally passed the javelin exam, and that means I'm ready for the biggest challenge and everyone's favorite: the joust. I've been practicing and researching it none stop. There is an age limit: 7. I just didn't pass. I even joined the R.O.A.R. team. It's a sword fighting thing. JUST for the event. Beauty is really good at the charge part in jousting.

"Let's run it one more time, ok Em?" Ruby said. I nodded. I got into position. My challenger for this practice match was, as usual, one of the Sleeper Mechs, HYDRA's robots. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't true that I don't typically go for swords, but this means the world to me... ok, ok. And to Ruby.

"Charge!" I shouted to Beauty. As usual I won and didn't stop swinging my sword until the mech would yield or till I finished it off. And this didn't go quickly. They were programmed to never stop fighting till they finished their opponent or till they were destroyed.

"You're ready." Ruby said. Hearing her say that meant the world to me. Beauty and I bowed. "Suit up. Competitions are in 1 hour." She said. No matter the competition the entire purpose is to find out whose best at training the strongest, and therefore the best leader for HYDRA. The overall competition is typically between two heirs, but as usual since I came along (maybe before) it's been between Ruby and her mother. If Ruby wins she takes over the facility. If Hale wins she continues to lead. Ruby always picked me as most of her team. Hale always picked new people every year. Some girls she'd train in secret. She did this so Ruby and I couldn't strategize against her. She knew we were the best at that, even though we never actually won the entire thing. It's just THE BEST day in the entire world.