Part 60 My Wedding Day

(Picture above is Emmy's Bridal Shower Dress).

October 31, 2038 2:00 P.M. Our Castle, My Training Room, Auradon

Emmy's POV

I had to spend that past two weeks in a wheelchair ever since my bad leg got infected by a few bites from different bugs after the Jr. Olympics. Which then led to a heart attack, which left me with a heart defect that could only be fixed with surgery. So Leo and I had to postpone our weeding. At least we won. It was one of the best moments of my life. As soon as we entered that ring Beauty was as go-go-go as a race horse. He wouldn't have put up with anything other than gold. It's like I always said...

You can hold back a horse, but you can't keep him from running his race. Ruby was trying her hardest to get my fire back. So was Leo. I still spent a lot of time with my horses, but it wasn't the same. Ever since the arthrotomy surgery to fix my leg nobody has allowed me to go or do anything without older adult supervision. I even went to support groups. That's how badly I need someone to talk to.

Flashback

Two weeks ago then was my first day with the group.

"Emmy, trauma victim." I said. A little bit later they suggested music to me. "I don't know about that."

"We found it's extremely soothing. And we view it as vital for a young girl that's growing up. Why won't you give it a try?" She said. They were pressuring me with a question and I... snapped.

"Because half of my trauma is because of music, alright!" I yelled. They gasped. "I sing when I hear music. And... I used to love to sing. I still do, but when I was young I was forced to sing to help my family. It was a lot of pressure. It was fun at first, but, over time, everything became a competition. Everything else in my life had to be pushed aside." I was crying. It felt good to get that out. I had never said that out loud before. Amber forbid me to say that. She threatened to send me back to that awful Schoolcatraz.

"OMG! You're Emmy from Corny Collins Jr." A girl named Grace said. I nodded. We talked. Mom came and she wheeled me away in my wheelchair. I got away from her. I've been in a wheelchair before, so I know how to wheel faster then I can walk.

"Why are you so fast in a wheelchair?" She asked herself rhetorically.

October 31, 2038 2:00 P.M. Our Castle My Room, Auradon

Emmy's POV

I was on my phone texting a little when I heard a knock. Ruby just walked on in.

"Sure, why wait for me to answer your knock when you can just walk right on in?" I asked sarcastically looking right at my phone. We like to banter each other. A LOT. Even if I was supposed to be in a wheelchair. That's fun for us.