Part 17 Rorie's & Briar's Royal Sleepover & Retreat

July 27, 2023 7:30 P.M. Dads cottage, Auradon

Emmy's POV

I finally finished packing. Dad told me to bring extra clothes. About 2 weeks worth.

"You never know when you need a back up pair of clothes." He said. I was so excited. Before than, I've never been to a sleepover. Well, an intentional one with my friends. I was walking down the stairs when I received a lecture from Amber on my behavior last night. I HATE LECTURES! Especially from my step mother's. I've been avoiding this since her reunion. I'm surprised I was able to for this long.

"Emmy I was worried sick about you! See? This is why you don't hang out with bigger girls!" Amber said assertively.

"OH, THAT! IS! IT!" I yelled. "I just can't take it anymore! Unlike you, Lace is nice! And the only reason you were worried is because you need me to help your stupid image! Your only marrying my dad because you need me to make yourself look good! Not because you love him! Dad isn't marrying you for love either! I only put up with you because Dad makes me! And the only reason you don't like fat girls is because Link Larkin left you for Tracey! Get over it! The reason you lost Ms. Teenage Hairspray is because your a mean, nasty piece of work, who makes people do things against their will!" She slapped me, hard. So hard I was slammed into the table. I open the door still looking at her and ran off.

July 27, 2023 7:35 P.M. Dads Cottage Stables, Auradon

Emmy's POV

I got out and ran off to the stables. It was the one place Amber wouldn't dare enter. Therefore, the one place I could get some peace and quiet. Just to be safe, I locked every possible entrance. I just wanted to feel safe from her. Audrey and Rorie finally came for me. I was in Flicky's stall, crying and hiding in the hay. They unlocked the door using their key.

"Emmy? Emmy, where are you? You're not in the house! This is the only other place you'd be!" Audrey called. I peaked from the stall with hay in my hair and tear stains on my face.

"What are you doing in there?" Rorie asked. I looked down and accidentally showed them the red hand mark from where Amber slapped me. They both gasped in shock.

"I'M GONNA KILL HER!" Audrey shouted. I did NOT want to be Amber then. Or ever. "If she so much as touches you one more time, you go directly to me! Okay?" She said. I promised. When Audrey is angered like that you just nod your head and slowly back away. With definitely NO sudden movements.

"I know what'll cheer you up. We invited Lacy Larkin and Poppy Motor Mouth, your friends from Corny Collins Jr." Audrey told us. Probably wanted to change the topic. Or was distraction. Audrey was taking us all to my favorite restaurant Tiana's Place. It has a dance floor and karaoke stand. What? I don't hate all song and dance. I got out and hugged two of my best friends.

"Thanks Audrey." I said. She started tickling me all over. "Audrey, stop it! You know I hate being tickled! It's torture for me!" I laughed crazily as I spoke.

"I know. That's why I do it." She said. "Do you surrender?"

"I surrender!" I said while laughing. Dad came in about 30 minutes later. He still wasn't sure whether I should go.

"You sure you want to go?" Dad asked as he helped me put my back pack on.

"Dad, I am sure! I'll be fine. I'll have all of my friends here to keep me out of trouble. Plus I'll be home in two days." I said. I kissed his check.

"See you in two days." He said. He bent down and kissed my cheek.

"Emmy, sweetheart, why don't you, Lacey, Poppy, Rorie, Ruby, and Briar go tack up your horses. I need to talk to your dad alone." Audrey said. I simply nodded my head and moved my hand to indicate that I wanted them to fallow me. We walked hand in hand.