Part 32 New Arrivals

March 3, 2029 11:40 P.M. The Cottage Fields, Auradon

Emmy's POV

I had my next sift in 10 seconds! I teleported to the field what I saw really scared me.

"Dad! Bring Dry towels and hot water STACT! This is not a drill. I repeat this is not a drill! Duchess is in labor right now!" I yelled. He brought me the towels and water as I was stroking her. "Thanks. Now I need you to try to comfort her. I would do it, but I need to be down here to deliver the foal." He nodded and started stroking her.

"That's a girl." He said. I smiled.

'Ready. One. Two. Three. Pull.' I said to myself in my head.

March 3, 2029 12:00 A.M. The Cottage Fields, Auradon

Emmy's POV

The most beautiful black colt was born.

He tried to get up right away

He tried to get up right away. It took a few tries, but he got up. He had the spindliest little legs. When we finished drying him off he just suddenly sprout wings.

"Ok, now I believe you about Pegasus." Dad said.

'If only Ruby could see this. See my new foal. To see my Black Beauty.' I thought to myself. "Beauty." He came right over. I just remembered that I had some sugar on me.

"Want some sugar?" I held up some sugar flat on the palm of my hand. He took it, neighing happily. He kicked mid air as he whinnied out in joy. I held one out to Duchess and, of course, she gladly took it. Then I heard Claudia howling wildly of pain. She was in labor to!

"I'm sorry Duchess, but I gotta get." I said.

March 3, 2029 1:00 A.M. The Cottage Bathroom, Auradon

Emmy's POV

I teleported to Claudia. Lucky she was in the bathroom surrounded by towels and I could use the tub for hot water. I stroked her fur.

March 3, 2029 1:20 A.M. The Cottage Bathroom, Auradon

Emmy's POV

6 puppies were just born! Lexi, Dude Jr. (after his dad), Claudia the 2nd, Bullet, Ruby, and Ed a.k.a Little Eddie, the funniest runt in the entire world that could always make you smile. Leo later on named him after the hyena. At a terrible price came my new furry friends. Claudia didn't survive the labor. Dad rushed in.

"What has gotten in to you? Why did you leave Duchess like that?" He asked.

"Claudia was in labor to Dude." I said.

"Did she make it?" He asked. I shook my head sadly. After that I had to take LOTS of shifts for bottle feeding.