Part 34 New Home

December 23, 2032 2:00 A.M. Ruby's Grave at the Enchanted Lake, Auradon

Emmy's POV

I had to sneak out that night. I just had to. I rode Beauty to the Enchanted Lake. Earlier that day I had ridden him for the first time. I really want- had to see her again, even if just for a second so I could apologize for all the awful things I said. I stood there, in front of Ruby's grave that I had made her.

RUBY HALE

Beloved Partner

It's not the size of the girl in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the girl.

2000-2028

"We're finally ready, Ruby. You can finally come home." I said. I got out my spell book and flipped through the pages until I found the right spell. I cleared my throat. "Thou who sleeps heed this call and walk once more. Let her come back to me and let everything be as it was before."

"I, the spirit goddess of emotion summon the god Hades to call upon the deceased." I said. I was sending energy waves and eventually it became excruciatingly painful. My magic froze, just like on the Isle. A seismic wave followed, sending me flying. I hit a tree. The surrounding branches barley missed my bad eye. They only missed because I held my hand over my eye. Next thing I knew I hit my head and was put into a coma. That blow should've killed me. And it would have. But something or someone was protecting me.

December 25, 2032 2:00 A.M. Auradon's Rulers Castle Hospital, Auradon

Emmy's POV

When I woke, I coughed and groaned out in agony of the excruciating pain I was feeling. It died down a half minute later and my eyes focused again. I realized that I was in a completely different place, but somehow, it still seemed familiar. I groaned in anger. Right next to me was Dad.

"Welcome home, Princess Emmy of Auradon." He told me.

"Wha? Home? Princess of Auradon?" I asked. My mouth hung open. I was very confused. Everything was piling up on me. When that happens I stress. I figured it was just a little joke. I laughed. "Ya right. Me. A princess. This is one of your jokes." I sarcastically laughed as I spoke.

"Why am I laughing? This isn't funny. Is this a joke? Ammy?" I questioned as I looked at Ammy, to Dad, then back to Ammy. They shook their heads. I was pretty overwhelmed, and when that happens I stress, and also when I don't know the answer to something, but did explain a lot.

Flashback

When we got Ammy, she asked to speak to Dad alone. I "accidentally" overheard.

"Dose she know?" She asked. He shook his head and shushed her.

December 25, 2032 2:01 A.M. Auradon's Rulers Castle Hospital, Auradon

Emmy's POV

I then finally knew what about Ammy was talking about. I heard a knock. Eddie started barking. He ran out. He came back to me after checking the window.

"You might want to see this." He told me. Just to be clear, the animals talk to me with voices, like you and me, not just animal noises. I got up and went down. I didn't believe who I saw.

"Mom?" I said. I ran the other way. I saw her put her hand up indicating that she wanted me to stop. When I didn't listen she looked down in more ways than one. I could sense it. "Dad, Ammy, you might want to see who is downstairs." It sounded like Dad was extremely happy to see his one true love. As was Evie to see her best friend again. It sounded like they were hugging. Really, really tightly. No signs of emotional pain or anger or anything but happiness from them. Only Ammy was just as hurt as I was. Probably even more. Only thing different was it sounded like the girls followed. With me only Eddie fallowed. She came up to find me and instead learned I had teleported to the stables just before she reached my room. I had to go see Beauty and tell him what was going on. She found me stroking Eddie's fur in the stables and comforted me when she did find me. Before she found us I was thinking about what happened to make us get along.

Flashback

Eddie wondered off to a cliff. I found him dangling from the edge of the cliff.

"Eddie! Hang on!" I said. He slipped. I jumped after him. I caught him. Pegasus rescued us just in time. "I got you." He started licking me all over. I laughed. I hugged him close.

"I'm sorry this happened. If only I could have been a better companion to you." Eddie said while we were flying above the clouds.

"Hey, hey. Don't blame yourself. In order for your mother to trust me I had to take a bullet to the side of my right leg. Because you didn't trust me is the reason I picked you to be my dog. Not one of your bothers or sisters. You remind me a lot of your mom." I said.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded. He started licking me again. I laughed. When he was done I hugged him tightly.

December 25, 2032 2:10 A.M. Auradon's Rulers Castle Stable, Auradon

Emmy's POV

"I thought I'd find you here. It was always your favorite spot on the grounds. Well here, the library, the armory, and the gardens." Ammy said. Beauty stopped her from getting into his stall. He whinnied and snorted. She stroked Beauty's muzzle before getting in. The girls followed close behind. Ammy started to rub my arms. "I know how hard this has to be for you."

'Why now? Out of all the times she could've come back in this past year, why now?' I asked myself. The only thing I didn't get. And, I couldn't get past it for moths. "What about you? It's gotta be even harder for you." I looked to her. "You we're raised by her." She nodded.

"Yes. It's hard, but I've got my little sister. Like I said that day, as long as we have each other, we'll be fine. We'll get through this and we'll find a way to make the best out of our situation." Ammy said.

"Yeah. I mean, I won't have to deal with Amber as much anymore." I said. We laughed. She tickled me a little.

"Yeah. That's a good way to look on the bright side. From what you told me about her, that's a real positive on the situation." She said. We just started laughing again, so hard we were crying. "Besides, we both need to focus on getting in to Auradon Prep." The girls walked to the edge of the stables door. Beauty let them in.

"I just sent in my application. I'm really excited." I said.

"I know you're going to get in. You're the smartest girl I've ever met. They'd be extremely lucky to have you. I love you, Sis." Ammy said. We got really close. Just like real sisters

"I love you too Ammy." I said. "I love all of you."

"They'd be lucky to have you. I just want to let you know that if I get in, I'm not going without you. Or Ruby, Jamie, and Cara." Rorie and Briar already attended Auradon Prep. Ruby didn't get in last year. She was busy doing an apprenticeship with her mother.

"Aww. Same here." They all said.

"But it's your dream school." Ammy said.

"Ammy. Ruby. Jamie. And Cara. There's plenty of other schools out there. Who knows, maybe one school even better. But there's only one of each of you." I said.

"Awww!" They all said. The six of us hugged like the friends we were.

December 25, 2032 4:10 A.M. Auradon's Rulers Castle Stable, Auradon

Emmy's POV

I was grooming Beauty when I heard her voice.

"I don't expect you to forgive me." Mom said. I rolled my eyes.

"Why would I?" I asked. "You left me and Dad with nothing!" I yelled.

"I know! I know!" She said.

"FOR 11 YEARS I HAD ALMOST NOTHING!" I said. "They only thing I had was hope for a better tomorrow. Well, that and a few good friends." I breathed.

"I'm sorry, but you need to go!"

"Emmy—" She said.

"GET OUT!" I yelled. I looked at my horse and shop my head. She walked away sadly.