Part 28 Ruby, Destroyer of Worlds

December 23, 2027 10:00 A.M. HYDRA Base, 600 Miles From Auradon

Emmy's POV

I had been back and living at HYDRA again for 3 years and I couldn't have been happier. Ruby had another battle with Quake, by the way. It. Was... EPIC!

Flashback

Merely a few hours ago, I was finishing up on the Mountain Extreme Challenge. It's a training/survival/self reliance method we used back at HYDRA. You're abandoned with nothing but a weapon of your choice and of course your animal companion. You both have to survive 3 nights on the treacherous Mt. Everest. In the winter. Without resorting to any magic in my case. Did I mention that you're alone. Claudia and I were looking for food, water, and an old fur of a dead animal for me to skin to keep warm while we were heading back to the transport unit.

'I wonder what's going on. And why Ruby's here.' I thought to Claudia. She was in my armor to keep warm. We arrived just in time to see them start fighting. In the middle of the fight, I stopped a guy from shooting Ruby in attempt to help Quake by sending some kind of seismic wave. It began with Ruby attacking Quake with her chakram and cut Quake, Quake sends one of her quake blasts in response, knocking her out. 'Please let her get up.' I prayed. The next thing I knew I saw a guy hold up a gun. I panicked, put my hand up, and out it came. I absorbed her power from the mid air. Next thing I knew, Quake was nowhere in sight. And the guy got shot by Hale. I think. There was blood in the snow he was laying, but I was distracted, so I didn't see what happened to them. I ran to Ruby and healed her. I had no clue as to how I did that either. Emphasis on the word had. Luckily her wounds were very minor, but I was still exhausted. Ruby's mom came in right when I finished healing her. I knew she'd want me going after those guys, so I tried to track them down with the skills Ruby taught me.

"We need a extraction team in this area." Hale said. Ruby sat up and brushed the snow off her armor. Both looked extremely disappointed in the other. I bolted to her side.

"Ruby, are you alright? You took a real hard hit." I said, feeling really drained. I'd NEVER felt like that before. I literally shook my head.

"I'm fine, where's Johnson?" She asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I knocked her out with one of her own blasts in order to keep her from wounding you further. Next thing I know, she's gone. I think her friend was shot or something. There was blood on the snow he was standing on." I said. She touched my hand.

'Why am I not surprised?' She asked rhetorically in her mind. Ruby shot her mom another glare of disappointment. 'What did we say about the mind reading?' She was testing to see if I could resist. I sighed.

'It's creepy and weird and a complete invasion of privacy.' I quoted sadly.

"That's right." She said.

'But, as I've told you, I can't always help it. Sorry.' I thought She was struggling to get on her feet. She let me help. Reluctantly, but she still did.

"Asking for help is a weakness. Asking for help is another way of saying that I can't do it on my own. And don't you forget it." She said just before giving in. I collapsed out of exhaustion when we got back.

December 23, 2027 5:45 A.M. HYDRA Base, 600 Miles From Auradon

Ruby's POV

Mom and I were arguing while Emmy was supposed to be resting.

"You should put some ice on that." Mom said while we were walking.

"That's not necessary." I said walking.

"I need you at your best." She said.

"When am I not?" I asked. "You know, I could've beaten Daisy Johnson today if you hadn't forced her to run." I said.