Part 16 Welcome Back to the 60s

July 26, 2023 6:00 P.M. Amber's High School, Baltimore

Emmy's POV

That was truly a excruciatingly, painfully, long night. Amber flew me and the boys to Boston for her high school reunion. Right after I got home from Auradon Prep. Couldn't get out of it. She takes these things very seriously. Well, at least with me she dose. She even put on her old uniform.

The boys dropped out for a last minute concert, so I was alone with the stepmother of doom

The boys dropped out for a last minute concert, so I was alone with the stepmother of doom. Now that I think about it, they must've done this on purpose. Or Amber just said they were coming because as far as everyone on the show knows, I'm Amber's only real kid. They don't even know the boys exist. Only her close friends know. Or she lied just to get me to come. I saw Lacey, Lance (my ex), Tracey, and Link Larkin walk in the gym. As soon as Amber spotted them I didn't need to be a oracle, a Greek prophecy speaker to know it wasn't going to go well.

"Well well well. If it isn't Tracey Tugboat. Woo woo! Other wise known as Ms Special Ed." She said. Every single one of Ambers friends laughed.

"A-hem!" I said loudly and gruffly.

"What did I say?" She asked. I looked at her with my mad and disgusted look. As someone with A.D.H.D (Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), a little autism, epilepsy, and a few other things that didn't really relate, like hip dysplasia I found that extremely offensive. "Oh right, forgot. Sorry. No offense Emmy." Amber said. I shook my head with a mad expression on my face.

"Lance." She said.

"Mrs. V." He said. He waved at me and I waved back.

"Amber Von Tussle. I can see and as I'm sure everyone else can clearly see that you still have acne of the soul. Even your own daughter." Tracey said, gesturing towards me. I laughed. Amber looked at me, telling me with her face to stop laughing. I knew right away to stop.

"I see you haven't changed. You and your daughter are living proof that the watermelon doesn't fall far from the vine. It's obvious that you're what spawned that." She said. All of her friends laughed.

"Excuse me?" Tracey said. They were growling like territorial wolves.

"I'm sorry for her." I mouthed to Lace.

"It's ok." She mouthed back.

"FORMER STUDENTS AND FAMILIES COMMENCE!" The gym instructor shouted. The activity was scattered dodgeball. Amber grabbed the first ball. She tossed me the ball. I wasn't proud of what I did with it.

"Hey, Thunder Thighs, dodge this!" I may have screamed at Lacey. Amber smiled and laughed.

"You throw like a girl!" Tracey shouted.

"Wha?" Amber questioned. Eventually, Amber motioned her neck to indicate she wanted me to drop a ball on Lacey's head.

"Dodge this Thunder Thighs!" I screamed and knocked her out cold. I guess I was just jealous that Lance dumped me for her. As soon as I did it I regretted it. "I can't believe you told me to do that. And I can't believe I listened."

"Come along Emmy. Let's go rehearse for tomorrow's show." She said. She was about to leave. "Oh. And we'll do it under the bleachers so we can watch the ex football players and their kids while we dance. If your lucky." Amber said winking at me at the last part. Lance and I stayed and I apologized for my actions.

July 26, 2023 8:00 P.M. Mrs. Motormouth's, Baltimore

Emmy's POV

They invited me and Lance to a party at Penny's Grandmas. We started doing the Dirty Boogie. I was dancing on my own when they found me. I knew eventually Amber would find me. To my surprise it was 16 year old Andy. He gasped. He's so much like Amber and not in a good way.

"Emmy! Emmy!" He said, but I ignored him. "Emmy Von Tussle! Come! Right now!" I ignored him again and continued dancing. It was first time in... forever that I just... danced for fun. Because I wanted to just... dance.    

"Hello." He said to Poppy's Aunt Inez as he walked over to me. "What are you doing with these low life, unwashed miscreants?" Unfortunately there are still plenty of people who believe in segregation. Namely my step family.

"I'm trying to fit in." I said. "Hold on a second, what are you doing here? I knew one of you would find me, but I didn't expect it to be you to be the one that finds me. I thought it'd be Mother that would find me."

"Well, when you didn't meet Mother under the bleachers, she told me to follow you in my new car." Andy said. "Mother's waiting for us so, Emmy come." Amber then came rushing in, wearing gloves. The same gloves her mother wore a lot. That was no surprise by the way.

"Andy! Emmy!" She called running in

"Andy! Emmy!" She called running in. She hugged us. "My babies! Are you alright?" She was embracing us with so much perfume on I couldn't breathe. I choked back my tears and hugged back. She pulled us out of the hug to look at us. Mostly to scold me for running around with Lacey and her friends.

"Emmy, I was so worried about you when you didn't show up under the bleachers! So worried, I followed Andy following you in my new car!"

'Probably only because she needs me to keep her in peoples good books.' I thought to myself. Tracey walked in. They had a little words battle. Meaning she said a bunch of hurtful things to Tracey.

"Andy, Emmy, let's get back to the right side of the tracks. If our cars are still there. Both of you come." She said.

"Yes, Mother." Andy said. Amber was about to leave.

"Andy, come." Amber said.

"Emmy, come." He said.

"Andy." I said. I shook my head as I struggled to find the right words. "Just leave."

"Whatever happened to the shy? Spice-less? Spineless girl whose father my mother fell in love with?" Andy asked. The room gasped. Amber looked me in the eyes. "Mother come!"

"With. Pleasure." Amber said as looked me directly in the eyes. They left.

"Andy is right. Amber's my future wicked step mother, but please don't tell anyone, Amber likes to make everyone think that she is my real mother. If you do, you will have her to deal with. I'm trusting you." Everyone nodded in agreement. NO ONE wants Amber to deal with. With that I left. I whistled for Eclipse and I rode her home.

July 26, 2023 6:00 P.M. Way to Dad's Cottage, Baltimore

Emmy's POV

I was extremely frustrated. So frustrated, I screamed out in anger. Who could blame me? Eclipse seemed considered about me. I stroked her neck.

"Sorry, Eclipse. You don't have to worry about me. It's just Amber is just...just so-" I said.

"Impossible!" Eclipse said.

"Exactly! Thank you Eclipse." I said. "What a minute! Did you just talk?"

"Yep." She said.

"Who, The, Where, When, Why, How?" I asked.

"It's part of your magic." She said. After a long day like that I couldn't wait for Rorie to come and get me, but that wasn't for over another 24 hours, but I seriously needed time away from the future step mother of doom.