Part 31 Horsemenship Competition

June 1, 2009 8:00 A.M. Pre Jr. Olympic Show Jumping Team Tryouts Arena, Auradon

Emmy's POV

Duchess and I were about to tryout for the Pre Jr. Olympic Show Jumping Team tryouts. I have a good feeling about today. Pegasus and Leo showed up to wish me luck today. They're both like a good luck charm. If only Amber hadn't ruined it.

"Ew! Ew! Get away from her! She's going to have to scrub for days you escaped circus animals!" Amber said when she saw them. I did feel bad for them and the things Amber said.

June 1, 2009 10:00 A.M. Pre Jr. Olympic Show Jumping Team Tryouts Arena, Auradon

Emmy's POV

When it was our turn we aced every jump except for the last one. Duchess broke her leg. I fell onto my back and hurt my ankle. It was just sprained. I crawled over to my horse. She was having difficulty breathing and her leg was in bad shape.

"HELP! SOMEBODY HAS GOTTA HELP!" I yelled.

June 1, 2009 11:30 A.M. Pre Jr. Olympic Show Jumping Team Tryouts Stables, Auradon

Emmy's POV

She might've been put down. The vet came with the needle.

"NOOOO!" I yelled as I jumped in front if my horse. Dad squatted and helled his hand out.

"Emmy!" Dad gently said.

"Stand back!" I ordered gently at first.

"It'll be ok." He said.

"DAD, I SAID STAND BACK!" I shouted. "I'M NOT LOSING HER TOO! I CAN'T LOSE HER! I JUST CAN'T!" He saw the pleading need in my eyes.

"Is there anything you can do?" He asked. Lucky it was able to be fixed, but with an expensive, risky surgery.

"There is a surgery, but it's really really risky." The vet said. I immediately went to my dad. He said yes as long as I pay for it and help her recover.

"You're gonna be okay, Girl." I said. I sang A Thousand Years to her.

June 1, 2009 11:32 A.M. Pre Jr. Olympic Show Jumping Team Tryouts Arena, Auradon

Emmy's POV

When the announcer called me back and asked me to say a few words.

"Who were your inspirations?" He asked.

"My three best friends, Liz Larson, Jess Porters, and Ruby Hale. I wouldn't be standing here before you today if it weren't for Ruby Hale one of my best friends. She, along with my friend Jess, who's somewhere in this crowed today helped me get over my fear of horses. And I really wish Ruby was here to see and hear this. I love you Liz. I love you Jess. I love you Ruby. This is for you." I said. I started singing Fight Song. For Ruby, Liz, Jess, and Duchess. After I reassured the reporters Duchess would be ok after surgery.

June 1, 2009 11:39 A.M. Pre Jr. Olympic Show Jumping Team Tryouts Stables, Auradon

Emmy's POV

I sang As Long As I Have You to her until it started.

Right after the surgery, we were called by the vet.

"Did you know your horse is pregnant? That's why she was bleeding so much when she fell. She shouldn't even have been ridden today." She said. I couldn't believe my ears. My beloved, little Duchess was going to be a mom. We found out later she was in use to Pegasus. The foal would be VERY interesting.