Part 22 Amber, the Nightmare of a Stage Mom

Go to the search bar and type in Mama I'm a big girl now hairspray live music video. (Completely optional if you want to see it, but you might want to give it a try).

January 5, 2026 7:59 P.M. Our Cottage, Auradon

Emmy's POV

I hadn't seen Ruby since we stopped training in secret. And it's been less than 2 years since. And less than 2 years since I met Claudia. I spelled her, so I could give her thing I wanted: a childhood. For the record, my childhood was taken when I started on the show. I asked her and she was okay with it. Amber, the step mother of doom has me working on my song and dance for the Little Ms. Hairspray! Live Pageant. She insisted that I win. Velma, the step grandmother of doom, and the producer of the show (who is just as harsh on me and as hard to please as Amber) was doing everything that she could to get it rigged so I can win. For the record I told her not to. I guess I can't blame Amber for being the way she is.

 I guess I can't blame Amber for being the way she is

January 5, 2026 8:00 P.M. Our Cottage, Auradon

Emmy's POV

"Oh no! She has her Crazy eyes! Ahh!" I said, running in the opposite direction. I WAS SCREAMING! SCREAMING!

"Emerald Von Tussle, you get back here this moment! You must practice your dancing and sining!" She said running after me. I ran to the one place, apart from the stabless, that she wouldn't dare follow me, a near by mud puddle. I LOOOVE mud. I once asked her; why would you want to cover up a perfect pile of mud and I played in it. That day, I played, splashed around a little, until she found me.

"What's wrong Mo-ther. Don't want to get your precious clothes dirty." I mocked.

"You little-" she said. She was going to say rascal, but my dad came before she got the chance. "cutie. Playing in the mud like that." He left.

"One day, I'm gonna-"

"What? Slap me? Again. Strangle me? Perfect! Wait till my father finds out." I said with a smug smile on my face. "Oh! Daddy! Thank the Gods you're here! I tried to stop her, but she's crazy!" I started fake shaking. I flopped for dramatic effect. My magic held me up.

"If it comes down to that, who do think he'd believe?" She finally gave in. "Perfect. I'm going to get cleaned up." Amber had been especially bitchy after I got back from HYDRA. She had me on a strict dance and sing schedule for the competition that leaves me no time for playing with Claudia. Or horseback riding. The worst part about not being able to ride is I just found this promising wild filly for the show jumping area. I like to call her Black Duchess. About 2-3 months old.