Part 27 Liz Larson

May 16, 2025 9:30 A.M. Cappuccino Cafe, Auradon

Emmy's POV

I saw who I assumed must be Liz and sat down.

"Hi. You must be Liz, I'm-" I said.

"Your Emmy." She interrupted. "I know. I've been dying to meet you for quite a while. I work with your dad. He told me all about you. So you spend your days at a self defense camp?" She said.

"Yep." I said. That was my cover for HYDRA. She couldn't know anything about HYDRA. I wasn't allowed to say anything. The Hales would kill me if they found out that I told someone. LITER-AL-LY.

"So, what's it like there? Do you like it?" She asked.

"Let's just say, a little shady, but I love it. It feels like a home to me. I've got people who understand what I have been through. You know about my mother right?" I said. She sadly nodded.

"And I'm so sorry about that." She said.

"It's fine. It was a long time ago. You can't miss what you never had." I said. "Ruby, a 25 year old friend of mine there never knew her dad, so she knows exactly how I feel. She's a bit like a mother figure to me." I told her. We laughed and continued to talk for a little bit longer.

"It's been great to finally meet you." Liz said.

"Same here. We should do it again soon." I said. She nodded her head in agreement. She took her phone and took a picture of us.

"That's a keeper." She said. We shook hands as a farewell and as a symbol of friendship. Right then, I knew that I just made a friend for life.