Chapter Three

Katniss POV-(6am the following morning)

The alarm goes off, I open my heavy eyes and they are met with a pair of two blue ones.

Peeta smiles sleepily at me and sits up to turn off his alarm.

"Good morning, my princess." Peeta says and lays his head back next to mine.

"Hi." I say with a breathy giggle.

"Today is the day we officially become college kids." He says excitedly and grabs my face gently and presses his warm lips to my forehead.

"I know, I can't believe it. It seems like yesterday me and you were just juniors in high school." I say happily but inside I am kind of dreading it.

I am not dreading it because I don't want to be here, it's really an honor to be here. But I am dreading it because I won't be seeing Peeta too often anymore.

Peeta is majoring in pastry arts and business management so it will only take him two years.

I really don't even know what I want to do to be honest.

So far I plan to try to get my general studies in then decide on a major next year. I want to try to be here the same amount of time as Peeta but depending on what I decide, maybe longer. I may find something that I wanna do that'll take me four years or longer, but I doubt it.

"You okay?" Peeta asks me, concerned.

I snap out of my far off stare and focus my eyes on him. "Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking." I apologize.

"You know Katniss, we don't have to do any of this." He says softly.

I sit up and Peeta follows.

"No, Peeta. It's okay, we need to do this." I say, not believing my own words.

"Katniss, we don't have to. Plus, we thought we would get to be together more." Peeta reminds me.

"Peeta, we will be okay. We are doing this. This is an amazing opportunity for us both and we need to take it." I say to him even though I don't really want to but in the long run, it's the right choice.

He gives me a sad frown, "What if we don't get to see each other anymore? I know you were thinking that Katniss, so don't tell me you weren't." He says.

I just look at him and know I shouldn't try to hide it any further, but I do.

"Peeta, it's fine. I promise you." I lie.

"Don't lie to me. I can see it in your eyes that you don't want to do this. We don't have to do this! We can go right now, go explore the Districts and make people believe were in college when in all reality we are together." Peeta says excitedly.

I start to laugh at him and his happy expression dulls, "Katniss, I am serious." He says with a faint chuckle, taking my hand.

"We can't do that and you know it." I say with a grin and squeeze his hand in mine.

"Why couldn't we?" He asks me.

I stop and think for a minute and understand he is right, why couldn't we?

I consider it but then decide he is just being crazy.

"We have all our things, all we would have to do is find us a place to live and we'd be set!" He says, jumping from the bed and putting his clothes on frantically.

I smile and walk over to him.

"Peeta, you know I would love to do that but we didn't go through all that college shit for nothing."