Chapter Thirty-Three

Katniss POV- (A few days later)

Delly has come by our house multiple times since Tuesday.

I have no idea how she found where we live but she has and she continually comes by.

The first time she came I was alone, Peeta was at the store.

I opened the door and she insisted on coming in.

I was actually terrified and hoped Peeta would arrive quickly and lucky for me, he did.

I had enough time to beg her to leave us alone but she hasn't.

This is getting to be so scary.

Peeta decided to take time off until this blows over.

I know he wants this to be done with already, partly because I know he's ready to be back at work.

It's about 4:50pm on a Thursday.

"Peeta, I'll be okay. You need to go to work tomorrow. I can see how bored you are." I say, taking my eyes off of the movie we've been watching.

He looks up from the tv, "No, I need to be here for you." Peeta insists.

I roll my eyes at his stubbornness.

"Peeta, go. I'll be okay. I can take care of myself but you need to go back to work." I push.

"Katniss. I'm not leaving you here alone. What if she came and did something to you? What if Dylan showed up?" He asks me worriedly.

I can see that I'm frustrating him.

"I'd be fine. I can take care of myself and I won't open the door." I say shoot back at him.

Peeta untangles our hands and gets up from the couch.

He stands and faces me.

"I know you can but I'm not taking that risk." He says and walks upstairs to our bedroom.

I roll my eyes and go into the kitchen, I sit down at the kitchen table and just let my mind and eyes wander.

I know Peeta is just trying to protect me but I know he doesn't like being home.

He has always been like that, he's a workaholic.

I wanted to start looking for a job too but I can't even focus on it because of this.

I just wish Delly and Dylan would leave us alone.

I'm tired of people always ruining things for Peeta and I, or at least trying to.

And we aren't exactly sure what getting the law involved would do or if they could really even help us.

I decide to make up for everything going on, that I'll cook dinner for us.

I go to the fridge and get out ingredients for a casserole that Peeta taught me to make.

I heat up the oven and begin preparing the food.

About an two hours later, Peeta still hasn't come out of our bedroom and the food is ready.

I decide I better go talk to him or make sure he's okay.

I don't think he's mad but I think he needed to think some of this over.

I knock on our bedroom door and slowly, quietly turn the nob.

I open the door to find Peeta sound asleep on our bed.

I smile softly at him and walk towards the bed.

I carefully lay down next to him and caress his sleeping face, he doesn't budge but I can hear slight snore coming from him.

I lay there for about ten minutes, just watching him.

He's been worried sick, not even sleeping out of fear.

Then when he does sleep, that's when my nightmares come.

I feel bad that I made him feel like I didn't need him but it is annoying that he is dropping everything to stay home with me.

I know that I should be grateful but he's letting Delly get to him too much-she's making him stop living and doing what he loves.

He's letting her win.

I go back downstairs and make our plates and get us both something to drink and carefully take it upstairs.

"Peeta?" I say.

I set down the food on the dresser and kneel down next to the bed.

I take his warm hand in mine and bring the back of it to my chest.

"Peeta, I made us dinner." I whisper.

He stirs and soon my eyes meet a pair of crystal blue ones.

He smiles tiredly when he sees me.

"Hey, Peeta." I whisper and run my other hand back through his hair.

"Hi." He says, turning to face me.

"I made us dinner." I tell him, standing up.

He sits up.

I go over and bring Peeta his plate of food and drink, then I get mine.

We eat a silent dinner in our bed and just sit there after, still in silence.

"Peeta, I'm sorry about earlier." I say truthfully.

Peeta looks over at me and gives me a sad smile, "I know you're self reliant on a lot of things but this could easily get out of hand. I can't let anything happen to you." He says.

"I know but you staying here being bored isn't helping. I know how you love being at the bakery, it's what you love, Peeta and you're letting her win." I retort.

Peeta shakes his head. "No, you're what I love. You're who I love." Peeta says stubbornly.

I smile sadly.

I just wish I knew what to do to stop this.