Chapter Four

Katniss POV-

"Can we just get this all finished? I'm exhausted and want to spend some time with you before tomorrow." I say.

"Of course." Peeta says, taking my hand and leading me closer to our cars and pops my car trunk and his too.

"I'll get your boxes and bags that are in my car, okay?" Peeta says and takes boxes a big box in each arm. I grab three smaller boxes and shut the trunk.

We walk awkwardly together until we reach Snow Hall, Room 451 as it says on my paper, "Do you have a roommate yet?" Peeta asks.

I shrug my shoulders, "She didn't get a chance to say..." I explain and open the door to my room and pry my head inside.

I walk inside with Peeta behind me.

"Wow, this is pretty cool." Peeta says as we walk into a very spacious white room.

It has a bed on each side of the room along with a mini refrigerator and two desks.

We set the boxes on the floor and I take the slip of paper from my pocket.

"A girl named Bristol Brown is my roommate." I say, reading the unfamiliar name on the paper.

Peeta comes over to me and looks at the paper.

"An education major in her junior year here. That's interesting." He says, awkwardly.

I nod my head and begin unpacking the things I have with me.

"I wonder if she is related to the lady up at the front desk."

"Huh?" Peeta asks with a confused look.

"The lady's name in the office we just left was Mrs. Brown." I explain to him.

"Oh, it might be her granddaughter then, dont you think?" Peeta says, shrugging his shoulders.

"Maybe. Let's unpack and then go get more. Hopefully we can get done before she shows up." I say as I begin piling boxes onto the left bed.

We sort out my clothes into a closet on my side of the room and begin placing little things on my desk like pictures or little things I've collected over the years.

We head back down and grab some more boxes and unpack them.

We do this about three times until we are finished.

"Oh, hey! Look." Peeta says, excitedly while taking something out of the very last box.

My face lights up at the sight of it.

My dandelion picture.

The dandelion painting Peeta made me that used to hang above the couch in our living room along side his.

"I know the perfect place for this." Peeta says, gracefully standing up. He goes over to my bed and jumps up, taking a tack from his pocket and hangs the painting perfectly above my bed.

He jumps back down and takes a gander at the picture. He gives me a satisfied smile and I walk over and wrap my arms around him.

"And I think I'll hang mine in the same place."

"I love you." I smirk.

His grip on me tightens, "I love you too." He whispers and kisses my lips softly.

I kiss back, turning to face him completely.

It's the first kiss we have shared in a while it seems.

Soon, my arms find their way into his hair and his to my waist as he deepens the kiss.

"Woah! I'm so sorry, I can come back!" I hear a girl shrill and close the door.

I quickly break away from Peeta's lips and turn around, red in the face.

I run to the door and open it up.

I see a girl, a little shorter than me with light brown hair, it's straight and her eyes are brown too and her skin is tan.

"I'm so sorry you just witnessed that but don't let it scare you away." I say and look over to Peeta who looks the same way I feel.

"It's fine, I can come back...?"

"No. It's not necessary, come on in." I say.

"I am Bristol Brown." She says and steps forward and holds her hand out to me.

"Katniss Everdeen." I say shaking her hand.

"And how about you? After that kiss you two shared, I have a feeling that I'll be seeing you a lot." She says, looking over to Peeta.

"Um, I am Peeta Mellark." He says awkwardly and they shake hands.

"So are you two like together...like you know?" Bristol says with a smirk.

"Yes. We are engaged." I say, laughing nervously, crossing my arms over my chest.

I've never been good at making friends.

The only reason I have all the friends I do is because they've been my friends since we were little, so they're kind of stuck with me.

Her eyes grow wide and she grabs my left hand, examining my finger, "Pretty ring! Congratulations, you two!" The stranger says excitedly.

I laugh at my acquaintances actions, "Thank you." I say with a smile.

"Well, are you all finished up here, if not I will be happy to help." She smiles.

"Oh no, we are finished. We have to go get Peeta settled in downstairs but if you need help I am sure we can help you." I suggest.

"No, it's okay. You two lovebirds go have some fun before you are alone." She says and gives me a wink.

I give her a thankful smile.

"It was nice to meet you both. Especially you, Peeta. I'll see you later, Katniss." Bristol says.

"It was great to meet you." Peeta says.

I smile at her as I close the door and we go get Peeta settled in.

Just as we hang up the last piece of art work in his room, we share another kiss.

That kiss tells me that we are finally finished and we are officially college students.