Chapter Ten

Peeta POV-

"Students, I want you to pick a partner and begin making the dish in page 19 of the recipe book. It must be completed by the end of class. You have two hours." One of my culinary professors says.

"Peeta?" I hear someone say and I look over to find it's a girl, I think her name is Delly.

I look over at her and see she is motioning for me to come over there.

"Want to be my partner?" She asks me.

I look around to see no one else is free so I have no choice.

"Uh, sure." I say uncomfortably.

I don't like being partners with girls unless they are my friends or Katniss.

Plus, this girl is putting off a weird vibe and I've caught her staring at me many times.

"Perfect. I'll get our ingredients." Delly says, with a wink.

She's flirting.

I need to tell her about Katniss and then she'll back off, I'm sure.

"Here is everything we need, Peeta." She says setting it on the counter and standing next to me, way too close for comfort.

I back away awkwardly, "Let's get started then." I say.

"Before we do that, tell me about yourself. I hardly know anything about you other than what I hear." Delly says in a flirty voice.

"I'm sorry, Delly. I have a lot to get done today and I would rather start this assignment. Thank you though." I say, trying to be polite.

Her face falls and she puts all of her weight on one leg and her hand on her hip.

"Well, you don't have to be rude. I just want to get to know you." She says.

"I don't intend to be rude by it but I really have a lot of things to get done today." I say truthfully.

"What's possibly more important than this?" She scoffs.

"I have a date." I lie.

"Oh yeah? With who?"

"My fiancée."

"It's not a date then, sweetie. A date would be with just anyone off the street. Or maybe someone from a class?" She hints.

"Delly, you seem like a really nice girl but I am extremely happy with my fiancée and I'm not looking to change that." I explain.

"Forget her. What's her name again, Cat piss?" She scoffs.

She knows about Katniss and I and she's still choosing to flirt with me.

I am so disgusted with this girl, at least all the other girls who have hit on me here have stopped after I tell them I'm taken.

Delly is taking this way too far and for her to know about Katniss and still flirt and act oblivious to it.

"You know what, I will just be taking a zero." I say and walk out of the kitchen after retrieving my things.

Delly stands there, completely taken back by my actions.

Hopefully, she just got the hint.

I decide I should probably go find Katniss and tell her what's going on, just in case Delly keeps it up.

I make it back to our dorms and I find her room.

It's about 6:30pm, she should be done for the day, maybe she and I can spend some extra time together.