Chapter Forty-Five

Katniss POV- (Saturday)

I feel a little lonely today.

Bristol went back to District Five on Thursday but we had a great visit.

Peeta and his family went out of town to pick s me things up for the bakery from District Nine but I stayed behind.

I decided to call Glimmer: the Fashion Queen.

I asked her to come help me pick out my wedding dress since that's something that can be done while Peeta is not in town.

We decided to meet at the coffee shop down town so that's where I'm headed.

I arrive to see Glimmer waiting outside for me, "Hey." I say approaching her.

She looks up from her phone and smiles, "Hey, Kat!"

"Wanna grab something and then we can go?" I suggest.

"Yeah, that sounds great." Glimmer says, opening the door to the shop.

I follow in behind her to see the place filled with most of District Twelves's elders.

Glimmer and I walk up to the counter and order some coffee. After, we go sit down in a window seat to catch up some. I sit down and hear someone speak and it happens to catch my attention.

"Well, well, well..." The hoarse voice mumbles.

I turn around to find my old history teacher; Haymitch Abernathy.

"Where's your boy? That's the only reason I'm here and why this place is booming today." Haymitch scoffs.

"What?" I ask him with a laugh.

"Peeta's family's bakery isn't open. I'm only here because of it. That's why everyone is here actually." He says.

He's right.

This place is usually empty and all of these customers, are usually at the bakery drinking coffee.

I smile, "They're out of town for the weekend. They'll be back tomorrow." I say.

He raises his eyebrows, "And you didn't want to tag along?"

"No. I've been sick this week so I decided a trip wouldn't help with the fatigue I'm already feeling." I admit.

"When's the wedding?" Haymitch smirks knowingly.

I smile shyly, "April. You're invited." I inform him.

Haymitch gives me a smile and raises his cup of coffee, "Good. I'll be there. Sober." He says.

"You've stopped drinking completely?" I ask surprised.

Haymitch nods.

I look over at Glimmer whose eyes are just as wide as my own.

"I am really happy to hear that." I say.

He gives me a proud, satisfied smile and continues to down his coffee.

"Nice to see you both." He says and I laugh as he walks away, he's surprisingly pleasant when he's sober.

"What are you thinking, Kat?"

"I was thinking something simple." I start.

Glimmer nods, "Okay, you might have picked the wrong girl to tag along for simple."

"I know but I have no doubt in my mind that you can't help me find the perfect dress."

"I will do my best but I would love if you would at least try something with sparkle."