Chapter Thirty-Nine

Katniss POV- (Three days later)

Since Peeta and I made up a few days ago, everything has been perfect.

Well, let's not say everything.

Delly and Dylan broke into the house on Monday night with intentions of who knows what.

Peeta and I were asleep in our bedroom and I heard something down stairs so Peeta made me stay in bed while he got up. He found them down in the living room.

The plate glass window was shattered, I don't know how we hadn't heard it sooner but we didnt. They just stepped right in and I am unsure of what they were planning on doing but it scared me to death. Peeta hollered and I ran downstairs.

Of course Dylan went for me and Delly for Peeta.

Luckily, Peeta was able to call the peacekeepers and they arrested them both.

Luckily, on top of everything they did that night, we reported everything else that's been going on that seemed minor and it counts.

The peacekeepers even searched their vehicle and they were carrying weapons which makes this all a little more terrifying.

For now, they are in jail and should have a hearing soon to decide exactly how long they will be in prison.

Yesterday, Peeta had a security system put into the house and we both have felt so much safer.

Peeta feels terrible that they went to that extreme but I told him not to worry about it, it wasn't our fault.

He told me how he wished we had never gone to college or even started looking, after all the trouble it has caused us.

I reminded him that Bristol came from the whole college thing and we made two, no three friends.

Peeta told me he invited Bristol to visit us for a late Thanksgiving.

It was a little over a week ago but Bristol is still on break.

I was ecstatic when he told me she agreed to come.

She will get here Monday and stay until Wednesday.

Peeta is at work right now so I am home alone.

I get really bored just doing nothing all day.

I thought about trying to find a job here in Twelve but I just don't know what I could do and without a college education, there's not much.

Peeta says he can support us on his own and I know that but I just feel bad since he provides everything.

He pays our bills, buys our food and pays for things we need.

He cooks most of the time too but we share housekeeping which is fine with me since I don't have much to do anyways.

I guess the house is helping out a lot but it was my mother, not me.

Peeta's father apologized to me the other day for believing Delly over me. I will admit, I was really hurt when I found out he believed the things Delly told him but I decided to forgive him.

I know he was just watching out for Peeta in the long run.

To pass the time and give me something to do,
I decided it's time to begin full-on planning our wedding.

I find Peeta and I's wedding notes from a while back and skim through them.

Since our colors are blue and gray, I decided that all the decorations can be blue and gray.

I've also ordered my bouquet in advance from the flower shop here in Twelve.

I got white Primroses, for my sister, with a blue ribbon just like the ones she wore in her hair when she was littler.

Peeta and I both agreed to have Finnick be his best man and Annie be my Maid of Honor since Prim can't.

I wanted to have Bristol, and Johanna too but I didn't want the everyone to have their feelings hurt.

Plus, I want them to be in the audience since it'll be pretty small wedding.

I will say, planning my wedding without my sister is tough but I know she'll be there with me and then I have the Primrose bouquet.

I remember my promise to her a few years back around the time Peeta gave me the promise ring I believe.

I promised she could be my Maid of Honor in Peeta and I's wedding.

Now she can't.

Peeta and I decided to have the wedding in the middle of April.

It gives us quite a while to plan it and make sure everything is perfect.

We still don't have a location but we will work out the details soon.

I've called around and gotten a few reception options but I'll have to discuss it with Peeta.

He should be back from the bakery soon.

Actually really soon.