Chapter Eighty

Katniss POV- (New Years Eve)

"Ten!"

"Nine!"

"Eight"

"Seven!"

"Six!"

"Five!"

"Four!"

"Three!"

"Two!"

"One!"

"Happy New Year!" Everyone yells and pulls their partners close.

"We get married this year!" Peeta whispers to me as the New Year arrives and kisses my lips here in front of everyone.

The fireworks, go off.

Both real and inside us as we kiss for the third New Year in a row.

"I love you!" I scream to Peeta over the loud music and screaming crowd.

Peeta smiles widely and hugs me tightly, "I love you too!"

Finnick runs over with a pregnant Annie next to him, "Happy New Year!" They each shout.

They embrace me in a group hug and soon Peeta joins.

"I love you guys!" Finnick shouts and we all laugh and shout it back.

I couldn't have rang in the New Year better, with Finnick, Annie and most importantly with Peeta.

None of us are old enough to drink so we just came out to town square.

Peeta's just nineteen and so is Finnick, Annie and I are only eighteen so we all have a while before we'd get to spend New Years drinking. Not that we want to though and either way, Annie couldn't tonight. But Peeta and I already agreed that we probably are not going to drink when we become of age, he promised me and I promised him. Besides, we saw what it has done to Haymitch, our teacher and friend.

"Four months til we are married, Katniss!" Peeta whispers to me excitedly on the way home.

I smile and take his hand in mine while he drives.

"I can't wait." I whisper back.

I feel so nervous.

Four more months and I'll be Katniss Mellark.

I'll be Peeta's wife.

I've never thought deeply about it until tonight, I've never realized how nervous I really am.

I'll no longer be carrying my dad's last name, I'll be carrying Peeta's.

It scares me.

Not because I'll be married to Peeta though, I've never been so sure of something. I guess I'm scared because I really never thought I would get married.

I never dreamed of finding the perfect dress (which I did) and I never dreamed of the perfect man (found him) and I guess, I just never thought about any of it.

"Do you think I'll be a good wife, Peeta?" I blurt out.

I hear a scoff coming from his direction, "Katniss, what makes you ask that? Of course, you'll be the perfect wife. I couldn't imagine getting married to anyone else." Peeta assures me.

I nod and stay quiet the rest of the way home.

'If you say so, Peeta.' I mumble in my mind.

We get home at 12:48am and we head straight to bed.

I decide to put on some of my fancier underwear just because and when I come out of the bathroom to find Peeta already laying down.

He smiles when he sees me. I smile back shyly at him and turn out the light. I peel back the covers and slip into bed next to Peeta. His arms find my waist and he pulls me close. I place my hand over his large one that protects me in the night and he kisses my shoulder.

"You're so perfect." Peeta whispers into my neck, leaving kisses down my almost bare back.

I let out a little involuntary sigh, "I love you." I say quietly.

Peeta's lips rest on bare skin between my shoulder blades, "I love you too." He says.

I close my eyes and bask in Peeta's passion. I shift my body so that I am facing him and he smiles at me lovingly and I press my lips to his bare chest. After the kiss, I put my head back on my pillow and smile proudly at him.

"I get to spend another entire year with you, my love." He says happily.

I roll my eyes and laugh, "And I get to spend another year with your crazy butt." I wink at him.

Peeta let's out a sleepy chuckle.

"Goodnight, Peeta." I say softly.

"Goodnight, Katniss." He whispers, placing his hand on my hip and pulling me closer to his body, our legs intertwine.