Chapter Sixty

Katniss POV-

"Girl." Bristol squeals.

My heart skips at beat at the exciting news.

"Bristol!" I say happily.

Peeta hugs me.

"Congratulations!" I say happily.

Peeta gives me a big smile, "That is really great, Bristol! I'm so happy for you." Peeta says.

"Thank you so much. This is making everything so real." She says a little nervously.

"It's gonna be alright." Peeta assures her.

"I know. I just can't wait until she gets here so you both meet her." Bristol tells us.

I smile and remember my promises to Bristol, "I'm still planning on helping you once she is born, don't forget that." I say.

Peeta smiles at me.

I can see all the love in his eyes when we looks at me and it just makes me so happy.

"I can't wait for that. It's going to be so beautiful, Kat." Bristol says happily.

I chuckle, "I'm really excited for you, Bristol. We both are."

"Thank you. I love you both."

"We love you both." I say.

"Well, I gotta go, class starts in a few minutes. I'll talk to you soon. Bye Kat. Bye Peeta." Bristol says.

"Bye." Peeta and I say in unison, hanging up.

The line goes dead and Peeta and I look up at each other.

"I'm so happy for her, Peeta." I say truthfully.

Peeta grins widely, "So am I. It will be fun having a baby around sometimes." He says, trying to hide his excitement.

I nod, "I think so too. I haven't been around any babies but Prim." I admit.

"Really? I haven't been around any, unless they come to the bakery." He tells me.

"Well, then it will be fun for us."

A learning experience for sure.

Peeta and I go home and lug all of our things inside.

Well, let me rephrase that, I lug in all my stuff and Peeta lugs in his and shields anything that's mine.

"Ready to put the star on?" Peeta asks once we finally get settled back down, a few hours later.

I nod eagerly, "Yes!" I say and shoot up off the couch.

Peeta chuckles and stands up with me.

I grab the sack with the star in it and walk over to the 9 ft tall Christmas tree.

I gaze up and wonder how this is gonna work.

"Uh..." I say, glancing up the tree and back to Peeta who gives me the same expression.

"Here, you get on my shoulders and I'll stand up and you put the star on the tree, okay?"

I nod nervously, Peeta bends down and with the topper gripped tightly in my palms, he lifts me up.

Peeta stands up and I can reach the top of the tree perfectly.

I get a good grip on Peeta's hand and carefully place the star onto the tip of the tree and Peeta let's me down.

"You're strong. And you have really good balance." I inform him.

Peeta chuckles, "Well, thanks. You're really light."

I laugh, "Oh, whatever." I deny it.

I am pretty tiny but I have a muscular build to myself.

I don't know how to describe it really.

"Our tree looks perfect now." I say.

Peeta agrees, "Hey, you wanna go somewhere with me?" He asks me nervously.

I look up, "Where?" I ask.

Peeta blushes, "It's a surprise." He says sweetly.

I nod, "Yeah, do I need to dress up for this?" I ask gesturing to my sweats and T-shirt.

Peeta chuckles, "No, you look perfect just like that." He says, nudging me gently in the side.

I smile, "Let's go." I say.

"Okay, let me go get my keys." Peeta says smiling widely.

I wonder what he's planned.

Peeta comes back down a few seconds later, "Ready?"

"Yeah." I say and we go outside, it's 6 o'clock now so it's just getting dark.

We get into the cold car and Peeta turns it on and we begin driving around the block...