Chapter Seventy-Three

Katniss POV-

"You gave me a mustache?" I ask, bursting into a fit of laughter.

My upper lip is covered in bright green icing, and piped to be one of those curled mustaches.

Peeta chuckles, poking my nose.

I roll my eyes and laugh at my work on him, "Why'd you write penis on my face, you weirdo." Peeta laughs.

I snicker, "Correction. Not penis, like, you know.

"P-E-E-N-I-S-S." I spell.

"Peeniss?" He asks.

I nod and let out a laugh "Peeniss as in Peeta and Katniss." I nudge him.

He stands there for a moment, dumbfounded, then laughs in realization, "Oh..."

"Weird, huh?"

Peeta snorts, "How did you figure that out?"

I shrug, "I have a lot of free time, especially now." I say, gesturing my leg.

"It sort of makes me want to change at least one of our names." He says.

I laugh and together we take a picture.

"I'll print out all our recent pictures after New Years." He tells me.

I nod and kiss his lips and our frosting mustaches, are no more.

As we kiss, the taste of Peeta's sweet icing recipe makes an appearance.

We both get a taste and smile as we continue kissing one another.

I pull away from him and rest my forehead on his as my green unibrow smothers against our foreheads.

Peeta let's out a breathy laugh but keeps his eyes on mine and forehead too, "I kind of forgot about your frosting unibrow." He says, smirking.

I let out a giggle that only Peeta can suppress out of me.

I bring my hand to his cheek, "It's okay. I just forgot I wrote on your cheek." I say with a wink.

"Gosh, I love you." He whispers against my lips, causing tingles.

I plant another little kiss on his lips, "I love you." I say back.

Peeta smiles against my lips and I return it.

We share one last peck and decide to wash up.

Peeta takes out a few wash clothes and wets them with hot water, just as he is about to begin cleaning my face, I stop him.

"What?" He asks, looking down at my hand that holds his wrist.

"Come here." I say and he leans down.

"What?" He whispers.

I smirk, keeping myself from laughing out loud.

"Closer." I whisper 'seductively.'

Peeta grins and comes closer, I turn his head with my other hand and he leans down. I bring my lips near his ear and just as he thinks I'm going to tell him something, I lick his cheek.

Peeta's taken back by my actions, "Yuck, Katniss!" He says, bringing his hand to his face and wiping my saliva away.

I burst into a fit of laughter, "Sorry! I just had to do that." I laugh.

Peeta rolls his eyes and takes my cheeks in his hands and places his lips over mine.

More of the icing comes off when he's done, "Sorry, I had to do that." He mocks me.

I punch his arm gently and he pushes me back softly, I am hanging into him since I only have one usable leg. His hands find my rib cage and I instantly throw my arms down and let out a squeal.

"Stop!" I say and he doesn't.

He keeps poking my sides but my grip just tightens on him.

I am laughing hysterically and so is Peeta, "Stop!" I day and push him back.

Peeta just laughs and finally he stops, "Clean my face." I say.

He just smirks at me, he gives me a look so full of love and humor.

He takes the warm wash cloth and gently dabs the thick layer of icing from my face.

When he is finished, he starts working on his, "Here, let me." I say taking the rag out of his hand slowly. He doesn't say anything but just let's me clean him.

Carefully, I dab the frosting off his cheeks, and off his forehead and out of his eyebrows too. He just looks into my eyes as I do this, when I'm done I just stare back.

"You're so beautiful, Peeta." I say softly.

Peeta grins, "As are you, my love." He says.

He holds me close.

We just stand there, in the bathroom, me standing on one leg and Peeta holding me up, just enjoying each other's presence.

Enjoying this little moment we get to spend with another.