Chapter Sixty-Three

Katniss POV- (That night)

I feel so bad for Peeta.

His family takes advantage of his reliability and how hard he works and I thought maybe it would be different since we came back but now it's worse.

It's exhausting him and I can tell he's not even enjoying himself like he use to.

He dreads going to work everyday which upsets me because I know how much he loves being at the bakery.

I am going to try to help him as much as I can and hopefully, with the extra help, he will start being in a little bit of a better spirit.

"Wake me up." I whisper to his back.

"I will." He mumbles and pulls the covers up.

I can see how upset he still is about the whole situation.

I turn away from Peeta's back and go to sleep myself to be awaken by Peeta's 4:30 alarm.

(4:30am)

"Good morning." Peeta says, standing up and walking to our closet.

I blink my eyes and walk to the closet too.

"Good morning." I say softly and grab a t-shirt and jeans from my side of the closet.

Peeta grabs the same from his side and we get dressed.

Then he grabs his keys and together we walk out.

I get in the car and lean my head back tiredly as Peeta silently drives to the bakery.

When we get there, he parks the car in the back and nudges me, "Ready?" He asks.

We walk into the bakery to find Peeta's father at the front counter, cleaning out the display case.

"Good morning, so. Oh. Hey, Katniss." His dad gives me a nod.

I smile the best I can for 5am, "Good morning." I say and follow Peeta to the back.

"Your orders list is on the counter." Peeta's dad hollers.

I notice that Mrs. Mellark, Ryan and David are no where to be seen.

Peeta sighs and puts on his apron.

He glances at the sheet of paper and groans.

I walk over to him awkwardly and read the list.

(Orders)

-2 dozen cookies-sugar-pick up 10am

-1 dozen chocolate chip cookies-pick up 3pm

-1 dozen biscuits-pickup at noon

-1/2 dozen of cheese buns pickup at 8:30

-4 dozen cupcakes-chocolate-pink frosting-pick up 5pm

-5 dozen of every menu item to sell

I look up, "Hey, I'm here to help you." I remind him, walking over to the place they keep their aprons.

I put one on and walk back over to Peeta who looks dumbfounded by the list.

I can't believe he has to do this by himself most of the time.

I can't believe he manages to get it all done.

"What do I do first?" I ask, ready for any task.

Peeta just smiles and grabs my shoulders gently, "You're not helping me. I'm going to go get you a chair from the dining area and you're gonna sit there and look pretty for me." He says.