Chapter Five

Katniss POV-

"Well, I should let you get settled in. I should get back and see if Bristol needs any help." I say to Peeta and give him a hug, not wanting to let go.

Soon, I'll be rid of his warmth.

"Hey, how about tonight I take you two to dinner? Classes don't start until Wednesday so we have a few more days to have a little fun." Peeta says, holding onto my hand tightly.

I nod and give his lips a gentle kiss.

"I would love that. I'll see you tonight?" I ask softly with a faint grin and look away.

"See you tonight. I love you." Peeta says and plops down onto his bed.

"I love you too." I say, smiling and slowly close the door of his dorm.

I walk back to my dorm and find Bristol in our room, reading a book at her desk.

"Hey, looks like you managed to get everything in here and way faster than us." I joke.

She turns around, smiling, "Oh hey, Katniss. Yeah, I got everything in. I think our room looks really cute. How was Peeta...right? How is he settling in?" She asks.

I shake my head slightly, "Yes. Peeta and I think he is good. Probably taking a nap." I laugh and sit down on my bed.

"Cool. So where are you from?" Bristol asks; putting her book down and turning around in her chair.

"I am from District Twelve. You?" I say.

"I am from District Ten." She says, smiling proudly.

"Peeta and I actually drove through on the way here, it's beautiful out there."

"Yeah, it really is. I've never been to Twelve, I heard it's really pretty though." She says getting up.

I shrug, "I don't see it as anything too special but it is home."

She smiles shyly and looks down at her book again.

"So, are you related to the lady in dorm advising?" I ask her awkwardly.

"Oh, yeah, I am. She is my grandma." Bristol says proudly.

I smile, "She is a very sweet lady." I tell her.

"Yeah, she was really excited that I was roomed with you." Bristol says.

"Huh?" I ask her, confused.

Why would her grandma be excited for her to live with me?

I mean, I don't even know these people.

"You and your boyfriend are two of smartest students coming to this college in years. Everyone is talking about it. You both are very intelligent and have perfectly clean records too. You two are like angels!" Bristol says in a mesmerized tone.

I let out a laugh of disbelief, "What?" I ask her, finding this to be hilarious news to me.

"You two are perfect and everyone knows it." She says laughing.

"Well, I mean Peeta, he is perfect. Absolutely perfect, but me?" I say, laughing nearly hysterically.

"Yeah, you!" Bristol says, laughing awkwardly.

"I am the furthest thing from perfect!"

"Well, people have been talking and so far, you seem pretty cool to me." Bristol says.

"That is insane but thank you." I say smiling genuinely.

"Oh, hey. Peeta wanted to know if you wanted to go out with us tonight?" I ask in remembrance.