Chapter Eighty-Eight

Katniss POV- (Valentine's Day)

I open my eyes and smile softly against Peeta's bare chest.

He must see me stir.

"Good morning. Happy Valentine's Day." Peeta whispers to me.

I smile and close my eyes and the next time they open, it's Peeta telling me goodbye.

"I'll be back. You go get ready for our date later. I love you." He says, walking out of our bedroom.

"I love you too." I mumble as I lug myself into my bathroom and take a shower.

I let the hot water wash over my body and face and think about what Peeta has planned for us.

He is so good with surprises and romantic things, the possibilities are endless.

I can't wait to give him the locket I had made for him. I've been thinking constantly about what I'm going to say to make today special and I've got it all planned out.

I get out of the shower and leave my hair in it's natural state. I put on some black pants and a black and soft pink blouse. I put on some makeup too, just for the heck of it.

I go downstairs and lay down on the couch, waiting for Peeta to come back.

Just as I was about to call him to see where he is at, someone knocks on the door.

It can't be Peeta or he would just use his key. So, I skeptically get up and look out the window.

I see a van. The person outside rings the door bell so cautiously, I open the door and peer out to find a little old man with a bouquet of flowers.

"Miss Katniss Everdeen?" He asks, reading the card.

I smile and open the door completely, now unafraid of the man that stands before me.

"That's me." I say.

"Here you go. Happy Valentine's Day." He says, shoving the vase into my hands.

"Uh, thank you." I say, confused and close the door. I walk over to the kitchen table and set the flowers down. I take the little card from the vase and open it up.

Obviously they're flowers from Peeta, no wonder he left the house.

(Card)

"Dear Katniss,

I thought you might like to have some pretty flowers around the house for once.

I love you so much. Forever and Always.

-Peeta."

I smile widely and take in the sweet aroma of the dandelions, primroses, and baby's breaths.

He got me primroses.

Seconds later, Peeta walks in.

I turn around and he smiles as he sees the flowers.

"Thank you." I say, hugging him once he's made it to me.

"Do you like them?" He asks.

"I love them. Thank you, Peeta." I say, pecking his lips.

He grins proudly, "Ready to go?" He asks.

I nod and together, we leave.

Soon, I realize we are traveling to District Eleven.

"What are we going to do?" I ask him once I realize where we are going.

"It's a surprise." He says simply.