Chapter Fifty-One

Katniss POV-

At about eight, I get an email from Clove with about 30 pictures in it.

Peeta and I go through each picture and observe and that's when we see what everyone else sees.

"Now I understand why people always thought we were a couple before." I admit to him.

Peeta snorts, "We acted like that as just friends so I can see exactly why too." He says.

I laugh, "Now I feel bad for getting angry with so many people." I tell him.

I remember jumping on several people for it actually, feeling infuriated.

"Yeah, but that's okay. You didn't know what other people saw." He says.

"We look so in love." I say, smiling softly and looking at a picture of Peeta and I in that mesmerized state, obviously laughing.

Peeta touches my engagement and promise ring with his pointer finger, "It's because we are."

Then, I can't take it anymore so I just go for it.

I attack him with my body.

I close my laptop, pushing it to the side as I push him down against the bed and forcefully press my body against his.

I'm sitting on his stomach and my lips vigorously find his.

Startled at first, he starts moving in sync with my actions.

I feel such an extreme desire for Peeta right now and I know he feels it for me too.

I run my mouth across his and together they move in synchronization, the muscles in Peeta's arms tense up against my back and he pulls me closer against him, not really possible but it happens.

As much as Peeta and I want each other right now, we can't do this and we both know it.

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing to get over with?

Then, the thought of going any further terrifies me and I know it's still better if we wait until we agreed.

These moments will come again, right?

I swear if we don't stop soon, I know we will take it too far.

And no, it wouldn't be a bad thing at all and we probably wouldn't regret our actions, just the timing.

It's just that Peeta and I promised each other at sixteen that we would wait until we were both ready and agreed it would be when we settled down.

We've waited this long, we can wait a little longer.

I am the first to stop this time, usually, it's Peeta stopping me but I beat him to it.

"We need to stop." I say kissing his lips one last time, hesitantly we break away.

I let my body lay on top of his, pressing my ear to his chest, I hear his heart thumping loudly and I hear mine too, from inside my ear.

"Katniss, not to make you uncomfortable or anything but I want you so bad right now." Peeta says, quietly and out of breath, kissing my neck.

I smile and look up at him, that's the first time he's ever said anything like that.

"It doesn't make me uncomfortable because I feel the same way. That hunger will be gone soon." I remind us both.

Peeta laughs, "I know. I'm really sorry I was having trouble stopping." He says, looking away from me embarrassedly.

"Don't be sorry because I'm not." I tell him.

Peeta smiles and inhales deeply, "I love you more than anything on this earth."

I know what we look and sound like...

Two horny teenagers that don't really love each other.

If that's what you're thinking, then you're wrong.

So very wrong.

Having a hunger for someone you are in love with is just a part of life and a true hunger only comes around once.

With one person and my person is with Peeta but we both have the self-control to contain it.

I think that's a mistake a lot of people make, not containing their hunger for one another.

Being too caught up in the moment, I guess.

They may love each other but when the lust takes over, love goes out the door.

It's just sex then.

I'm waiting for that moment Peeta and I can have to love, not lust but love.

Nothing but love.

I know it's already there but neither of us are ready for it yet and that's okay.

Peeta and I love each other and that we are sure of, that's why we wait.

Because that love with still be there tomorrow and the next day and 50 years from now and a lust only last a moment.

Peeta sighs, "I'm really sorry. I should've stopped us sooner."

I look down at him, "No, it's okay. I promise. And I shouldn't of started it." I tell him.

"I'm glad you did, though." Peeta says.

I kiss his lips one last time, "I am too, but I am even happier that I stopped us for once." I tell him truthfully.

"Me too. Thank heavens for Katniss Everdeen." Peeta grins.

"Thank heavens for me." I say playfully.

Peeta laughs and so do I.

"I love you a lot, you know that, right?" He asks.

I nod, "Of course I know that. I hope that you know how much I love you." I say, kissing the tip of his nose.

"I do." He says simply.

I smirk, "We gotta wait about five months, then we say 'I do'." I tease him.

Peeta just scoffs, "Maybe I don't want to wait." He says.

I laugh, "Maybe I don't want to wait either." I shoot back.

"We kind of have to, we already reserved a place." He chuckles.

"You're right." I say.

I stare off into space awhile then I speak up, "Bristol finds out what the baby's going to be soon." I tell him.

"Oh that's right. When will she know?" He asks.

"I think sometime in the middle of this month. It's only the fifth though." I tell him.

"Well, that'll be fun for her to find out."

I nod, "It will be." I say.

Peeta smiles at me, "Are you ready for bed?"

I nod.

Peeta and I fall asleep in the same position.

Clothes on, lights on.